Things in MMA, I never believed in..

Lol, most of the time my predictions are wrong. The only one I ever got right was Diaz vs. McGregor 1. I'm positive that when RDA was injured and the UFC needed a replacement, they purposely chose Diaz because they thought he'd be an easy style matchup AND they knew he was on a vacation and not training. Even though most people gave Diaz no chance, I had a very strong feeling that the opposite was true, and it turns out that I called it.

Reactions: HHJ
That being strict with weight cuts or changing the protocol will help anything.

"Make everyone move up a weight class, problem solved."

No.

He hasn't faced anyone good yet. There is a difference between being impressive in can-crushing and edging out true contenders. I'd say we should still wait a while, before getting that hyped about him.
I don't think the hype people will ever stop. It ruins liking a fighter sometimes. Khamzat was a model fighter taking 3 fights that quickly in 2 weight classes but now Dana is grooming him cageside, giving him opponents like Leon Edwards, and some people are getting insufferable not just letting things play out. Everyone's always forcing a new "star". There's even threads asking who the next star at a weight class is like they can't live without one.

I didn’t believe that Houston Alexander was going to run over the ufc lhw division after his first few performances

I never believed that Woodley will surpass GSP's place as the WW champion, which many people argue about back then. That was never gonna happen.

Back