Things in MMA, I never believed in..

I’ve never subscribed to the idea that fighters duck one another due to actual fear, it’s more career management and realizing that another guy is a dangerous stylistic matchup or something else important like Money, or gamble to gain ratio, is the juice worth the squeeze.

The gloves always threw me for a loop, it’s like Dana refuses to change the gloves because someone else was smart enough to make a better design than that adopted by the UFC.

FFS It’ll take having a major revenue turner like Adesanya to lose an eye during a fight for the UFC to finally act on the obvious flaw with their shitty gloves

Fear of losing is still fear

People here will hype literally anyone who gets a stoppage win at 205 as the one to beat Jon. Walker, Cirkunov, Rakic, even fucking Corey Anderson. SAD!
I think most people acknowledge that no one can really beat Jones except with Hail Mary finish. And Walker was the best candidate to pull that.

Reactions: G10
I don't believe Chris Weidman ever truly beat Anderson.

The 1st fight Anderson started to get his rhythm on the feet but started to clown the 2nd fight he just broke his leg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hindsight threads

How about makin a prediction thread and puttin ya balls on the table

@D 1 Wrestler may be 0 - 34 but he at least is attempting to put up a fight than say "i knew this the whole time!!!" after the fact. Who cares???

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hindsight threads

How about makin a prediction thread and puttin ya balls on the table

@D 1 Wrestler may be 0 - 34 but he at least is attempting to put up a fight than say "i knew this the whole time!!!" after the fact. Who cares???
there has been like 2 interesting threads today that arent just match up announcements, cool it. im sorry if i hurt your feelings by saying i knew some shit was ever gonna happen. can you quote where i exactly hurt your feelings ?

When he stomps Leon and then the Usman/Burns winner, he'll be halfway there. If Izzy is going to LHW then we've got Costa, Whittaker, Romero, and eventually Khamzat at the top fighting for the belt.

Is it so hard to see?
Based upon what I’ve seen which has been him dismantling sub par competition (he has looked phenomenal obviously so far) I’m far from sold that he’s ready for the likes of Colby/Mas/Usman.... or the murderers row that is top 5 MW.

I still don't believe GSP's reason for stepping away from the sport after the Hendricks fight.

He saw that Matt Brown was on a hot streak and headed for a title shot, and knew that he would lose because that's what happens the first time he fights anyone named Matt.
That's the real reason he stepped away from the sport and didn't come back until everyone named Matt was safely out of the rankings.

there has been like 2 interesting threads today that arent just match up announcements, cool it. im sorry if i hurt your feelings by saying i knew some shit was ever gonna happen. can you quote where i exactly hurt your feelings ?
My feelings werent hurt,just nearly fell asleep

that's what happens the first time he fights anyone named Matt.
That's the real reason he stepped away from the sport and didn't come back until everyone named Matt was safely out of the rankings.
Awesome. You may have saved this thread yet.

Fear of losing is still fear
Yes but people try to equate fear with cowardice,as if its the same thing.

Of course you dont want to lose,who the fuck wants to lose,thats stupid.

The UFC dont care if you lose,and plummet from the rankings. Got to look out for yourself,instead of being Cowboy cerrone

CM Punk stating he was going to beat Mickey Gall
CM Punk stating he was going to beat Mike Jackson

i too fall asleep while being butthurt over someone stating their opinion and asking "who cares???"
Suprise of the year,ya have got not one original thing to say

<36>

FFS It’ll take having a major revenue turner like Adesanya to lose an eye during a fight for the UFC to finally act on the obvious flaw with their shitty gloves
After that FN main event between Yair and Stephens was called off in like 10 seconds in Mexico I was sure they were going to heavily consider changing the gloves... what a disaster

People here will hype literally anyone who gets a stoppage win at 205 as the one to beat Jon. Walker, Cirkunov, Rakic, even fucking Corey Anderson. SAD!
not even... you jus need to string together a couple cool KOes and it doesnt even matter what competition....the worse I ever saw was MArius Zaromskis in 2009.....he had 3 cool headkicks in DREAM and everyone was like "beats GSP" and I was like "the guy Che Mills beat the shit out of twice"...needless to say he would immediately lose to Nick Diaz and Male Cyborg, then to Jordan Mein who at his at his prime was maybe Canada's 3rd best welterweight and nowhere near GSP's league or the worldwide top 10

Johnny Walker
Remember that time Johnny Walker was the new man who was gonna dethrone Jones?
Because of his style, speed and unpredictable ways. I never believed in it for a second, but too be fair I thought he would make it into top 5 :confused:.
johnny-walker-ko.jpg

Brock Lesnar
Remember that time at UFC 226 where DC shocked the world and knocked out Stipe with Lesnar watching stage-front? And once he came in during the interviews and pushed DC, saying he wants him next and the whole mma world blew up with excitement thinking we were gonna get DC/Brock or Brock/Stipe. I knew he never would step foot in the cage, just because mma was past him.
2390.jpg

Better Gloves
There was talks from Dana, Rogan and the fighters about better gloves too prevent glove holding, eye pokes, etc. The whole community sparked up hoping it would happen, but I knew it wouldn't happen anytime soon, too much work that the UFC would have to do that Dana doesn't wanna do.
XFZrMwi1stBHtY2bC0EGnhTpQT9sZX8v4qwPtoeO9bt7rBOyjiMJ8TKk39mEyFBENj451fn0

maxresdefault.jpg

What are some things that were blowing up in the community that yall never believed in ?
Why do you think new gloves is too much work they don’t want to do?

Back