Thiago Santos 'Upset' at UFC pairing him against scrubs..

Rakic is in the top 10 though. Obviously not Rakic.
jones is #1.
Rakic is the 10th ranked contender so #11th overall so "outside the top 10"
And he's "coming off a loss."
And he's dangerous enough no one wants to fight him unless they have too.
Rakic was also arguably robbed his last fight so matchmaking want to give him a good ranked oponent, where he could be a contender soon.

Guess he should take his time and make a good recovery before his comeback.

Knee surgery is not joke, and he is 35

Just take the fight. Until you fight that "step back," we won't know the truth.

He’s getting older so I understand but some of these guys who make similar complaints need to look at boxing. Good fighters beat up lesser competition to pad their record, add to their highlight reel, make them more marketable and collect an easy paycheck.

Didn't he have a bad injury?​
Taking a warm up fight could be a good thing.
But kudos on him wanting a challenge for sure.
That's what I was going to say. Either way Thiago is going to make it a war and likely to get rocked once by whoever he fights but I don't think he sees that they are trying to help him. After blasting both your knees out most need a warm up fight to get confidence back in their legs but I'm assuming Thiago isn't going to be afraid of throwing kicks again.

I think he is talking about Nikita Krylov. He has lost to Glover in September and is ranked #13 and is a 'lesser' name.

Almost everyone that complains about their opponents ends up getting embarrassed

He turned down his tune up fight, he truly is the real LHW champ.

The real LHW champ deserves whatever he asks for

Probably a returning Manuwa offer

santos has gotten severely overrated since the jones fight

I would favor Rakic, Volkan, Reyes if they fought

Krylov, jan 2, and smith 2 I would say would be 50/50 fights

smith was lighting thiago up until he gassed himself out by hitting him with everything plus the kitchen sink
Thiago arguably beat Jones.

Someone outside the top 10? That's rough.

He should be fighting Reyes, Corey or some other top ranked guy. Smith rematch would make sense too.

Has to be someone they want to fast track to title contention.

This guy knocked out Jan who is most likely the next challenger less than a year ago and arguably beat Jones. Santos should be fighting Reyes for number 1 contender spot if Jan is the next challenger or if Reyes/Jones rematch happens then Santos/Jan rematch should happen.

Completely understandable position. He just fought the champ to a decision that could have gone either way. He's 35 and coming back from a double knee surgery, he needs an opponent that's going to keep him at the forefront of the division. If he fights someone outside the top 10 it's easy for someone to leapfrog him and push him further back even if he wins. He certainly deserves a lot better than that.

it's obviously OSP lol. He's coming off a win, defeated a hot prospect, and more often than not doesn't go to the scorecards.

The fight I want to see is Santos vs Oezdemir.

Back