Thiago Alves tests free agency waters after UFC release, but won’t fight unless money is right

Dude’s been working for the UFC for 15 years and they just chew him up and spit him out like some old gum.

Don't see your point here, I don't think Thiago is suggesting that's the case either, he sounds grateful to me.

One of my all time favs and good luck to him and his family. He should prob just hang it up. Lots of injuries and wars.

Sick leg kicks in his prime

Dat hip rotation

He was a good fighter with natural abilities like Vitor and Costa

Wish him luck. Always enjoyed watching him fight and following his career.

Might sound harsh but it is about fucking time. I swear the guy has been doing the same pad drills and same training for a decade. I like to see fighters evolve! The guy has been using 10% of the skills involved in mixed martial arts for a decade and should been cut years ago. I would almost guarantee hes one of those guys that doesn't like to go to the gym and lose so he just trains what hes good at because you can see it in his fighting. It's kind of like shogun you know what hes gonna do every single f******* fight. Good riddance

One championship would be a good fit they have money and he could fight kickboxing or Thai boxing

Thiago is overlooking one enormous factor. Hes just not that good . It is what it is.

I think the biggest mystery about Alves is how he just gave up against Martin Kampmann.
It was a very close fight, and then he just awkwardly gave up his neck for no reason.

2nd strangest fight ever in MMA.

1st place still goes to Weidman vs Mousasi

Back