News Thiago Alves out off Copenhagen event; Gunnar Nelson needs new opponent

USADA?

Alves.jpg

I was just trying to figure that out. he is definitely a pull out merchant!
I remembered it being 8 when he pulled out of the Plat Mike fight but I had to check to be sure.

very good site, you click the little plus sign next to each cancelled fight and it gives you the reason and fighter.

I remembered it being 8 when he pulled out of the Plat Mike fight but I had to check to be sure.

very good site, you click the little plus sign next to each cancelled fight and it gives you the reason and fighter.

Very nice work!

Lee would be a good replacement. Gunnar is a small WW and the match up is interesting, especially grappling wise.

Roided Prime Alves was a monster , He would run trhough some of today top 10 WWs.
Impressive how GSP was able to completely dominate him even with a torn groin , Yet known shills such as @20falarVerdades fail to acknowledge his greatness.

There are two other WW bouts on the card

Brazilian Cowboy vs Nicholas Darby
Siyar Bahadurzada vs Ismail Naurdiev

Maybe one of those guys gets bumped up. BC would be doubtful as Gunner just finished him recently.

Roided Prime Alves was a monster , He would run trhough some of today top 10 WWs.
Impressive how GSP was able to completely dominate him even with a torn groin , Yet known shills such as @20falarVerdades fail to acknowledge his greatness.
Yea, prime Alves was a beast.

Don't bother with that dude. He's a known troll/GSP hater.

Kevin Lee vs. Nelson actually sounds like a good fight.

Or maybe Belal Muhammed?

Why is he even still around... pulled out of so many fights

that is now 9 times Alves has pulled out from UFC fights (or been pulled for PEDs)
9 times doesn't sound all that bad considering how long Alves has been in the ufc. Ive called into work dozens of times just since 2012.

9 times doesn't sound all that bad considering how long Alves has been in the ufc. Ive called into work dozens of times just since 2012.
The previous time he blamed the hurricanes while he was sat at the airport with his teammate Jotko

yet guess who turned up to fight at that event and who definitely didn't??

giphy.gif

that's right, Jotko drove up the road to another airport but Alves bailed :mad:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...c-copenhagen-gunnar-nelson-needs-new-opponent

SIR

Thiago Alves out at UFC on ESPN+ 18, Gunnar Nelson needs new opponent

The UFC’s debut event in Denmark needs a new fighter for the co-main event.

Thiago Alves (23-14 MMA, 15-11 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from a planned meeting with Gunnar Nelson (17-4-1 MMA, 8-4 UFC) at this month’s UFC on ESPN+ 18 event MMA Junkie today learned from a person familiar with the matter but not authorized to discuss it publicly.

UFC officials are currently seeking a replacement opponent to face Nelson at the Sept. 28 event, which takes place at Royal Arena in Copenhagen and streams live on ESPN+.

Injury is to blame for Alves’ withdrawal, though specifics of his condition were not immediately available and a timetable for his return was not established.

Icelandic grappling standout Nelson is looking to rebound from a split-decision loss to Leon Edwards at UFC on ESPN+ 6 in March in an outcome that saw him fall to 4-4 in his past eight fights, after opening his career undefeated through his first 14 pro contests.

IMO, with travel restrictions and limited time to apply for a visa, other than a Nordic or Scandanavian tomato, it will be tough to get a suitable replacement at this late date. Too bad.
I might donate some Skoal....Other than that...Nah...

Back