Thiago Alves 1st fight at 155?

Rambo89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Now that everyone knows he's dropping to 155 everyone can stop calling me a troll..

Who do you guys want to see him to fight first?

My vote is either Al Iaquinta, Ross Pearson, or Paul Felder

Dude is going to be a monster at 155, IF he can get that low.

I also wonder how big he'll be when walking into the octagon. 180? 185?

He should fight one of the bigger 155ers.

I'd like to see someone give him a reality check on cutting too much damn weight. Pettis smashing him would be cool

Maybe Tibau for the lulz... "155"

People will line up to fight him knowing that they're going to get some of his purse when he doesn't make weight.

Felder would be a cool match up.

Tibau would make me laugh; he'd probably come into the cage bigger than Thiago.

Didnt this guy struggle making 170?

I wish they had same day weigh ins. This is getting ridiculous.

Wow. He missed weight a couple of times at 170. Maybe the increased and enhanced testing will have guys losing muscle and dropping weight classes.

I don't expect this to be a great move for him. Fact is he's peaked as a fighter and he isn't as quick as he once was. Cutting weight from that frame isn't going to be easy and I don't think he's going to have an easier time against the equally tough 155 lb. division. Got to do what he must to seek out new opportunities though, so I understand.

He said something along the lines of he USED to struggle to get to 170, but he recently got his shit in check now the weight cut is super easy. To the point where now he thinks he can shed another 15lbs.

It's a horrible idea. Just because you lost to Carlos Condit doesn't mean you need to starve yourself more to get an advantage. I like the idea of him v Tibau or Trujillo, but theyre fighting each other. Maybe the winner?

Wow. He missed weight a couple of times at 170
This isn't the same thiago from 08-2010.

When he fought Seth last year after his two year injury layoff he mentioned that he didn't have to cut weight for the fight (he's not the same guy muscle wise).

it wasn't that long ago that dana was saying that alves was going to be forced to fight at 185. then dolce came in and helped him make 170. i doubt it's healthy for alves to drop to 155. guess we'll soon see.

My first picks were Pearson or Felder as well. Bobby Green as well. Or the Johnson/Dariush loser

Back