Thiago Alves 1st fight at 155?

Dolce's version of Thiago Alves will make 155 without any problem. I bet they have allready tried a test weight cut.

mike-thiago.jpg

Where is 15 more pounds going to come off of this guy? The water has already been cut.

That would be awesome, like when Faber ("moving up from 135") outsized Frankie, who fought most of his career at lightweight.

Faber was NOT bigger than Frankie. Frankie was bigger than Faber. Get that straight.

I'd like to see someone give him a reality check on cutting too much damn weight. Pettis smashing him would be cool

Maybe Tibau for the lulz... "155"

now I'm not saying he isn't still going to cut a lot of weight to make 155 but he's no longer the huge welter weight he used to be he has loss a lot of muscle mass he once had .

didnt he have problems cutting to 170? and get busted for illegal diuretics too? no way he can make 155 without "help" and be remotely competitive.

Alves is ..... kinda overrated on these forums based on this thread alone. I don't see him doing anything at 155

Alves wasn't as dense his last few fights. He's been good about his weight cut the last few fights even with the long time between them.

I would like to see him fight Ross Pearson.

Back