• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies They're making a Spinal Tap sequel?

LEWIS540

@Titanium
Reaction score
Just read about this. Seems like a really odd choice.

The original is legit one of the greatest comedies ever made, and the extra little titbits added over the years have been good......that said a follow up to a story of of an ageing/declining rock band 40 years after the fact, seems a bit unnecessary.

Will watch, but not overly optimistic.

I will reserve both judgement and doubt.

That collection of comic minded people has done enough great comedy work for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.
For now.

First time I heard of the film. Is the first film any good?

No, I heard all this buzz about how amazing and hilarious it was for decades, finally watched it a few years ago, it's not funny and it's not even really entertaining

I think it's one of those things that was great in its time but if you don't have nostalgia for it or don't care about that kind of music then it won't land the same

As long as all the o.g.'s are involved in writing, directing, and performing it could be good. I mean I didn't see Mascots but everything else Christopher Guest made after Spinal Tap up to Family Tree was great and Michael McKean and Harry Shearer have been doing excellent work as well. I don't know if they will get Rob Reiner back or if Guest would direct though.

I adore that film. imagine how many drummers they've gone through over the past 40 years. Sadly, I will miss Fred Willard

One of the funniest movies of all time. Like, top 3 imo.
You don’t have to be a musician to laugh at it, but it helps lol.
But you have to be old. I watched with my kids and they didn't find it funny over the Christmas holidays and struck me how much that movie was targeted at people that were my age. My kids like a lot of 70s and 80s music but they've never seen documentaries about the era, that Spinal Tap mocked. Furthermore, you had to of grown up in that era to really get the jokes.

It's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen but I'm now thinking that you kind of had to be of a certain age to get most of the jokes.

As long as all the o.g.'s are involved in writing, directing, and performing it could be good. I mean I didn't see Mascots but everything else Christopher Guest made after Spinal Tap up to Family Tree was great and Michael McKean and Harry Shearer have been doing excellent work as well. I don't know if they will get Rob Reiner back or if Guest would direct though.
Yes they are all back. Reiner will be directing.

Back