These Contender Series Guys Cant Win Fights in the UFC

DWTNCS is less than 2 years old, and it's already given us Johnny Walker.
The idiot who tore his shoulder celebrating? Not only is he still unproven, he might never be the same now.

Thats why they’re bringing in a shitton of these guys, if they get 1/2 solid contenders from that show its pretty good.

TUF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Contender Series.

I hope all of you feel suitably stupid for shitting on TUF.

TUF has produced some of the best fighters in the sport, including Tony - an ATG lw on an epic win streak.

The Contender has produced "Boston Salmon" and Greg Hardy.

{<jordan}

Whenever I alt tab out of ESPN+ to shitpost on Sherdog, the stream shuts down after a minute or so. No bueno. No me gusta.
I smartcast ufc on one tv, sherdog on phone and watch Bellator on another tv via ps4

Get on my level sherbros

1 week notice and a weightclass up

There u go. Thanks for clarification. Matchmaking can be rough at time but I was thinking there was no way they’d offer Gilbert that fight unless someone pulled out last second

What about Sean oMalley?

At this point there's O'Malley, Edmen Shahbazyan, Alex Perez, Geoff Neal, Rogerio Bonterin, Raulian Paivia, Maycee Barber, Johnny Walker, Ian Heinisch, Casey Kenney, Dan Ige, Ricky Simon, Steven Espinosa, Antonina Shevchenko, Jimmy Crute, Sodiq Yusuff, Augusto Sakai and Marina Rodriguez who have come off the contender series and gone on to be ranked fighters in their divisions.

Antonina Shevchenko.

c51a3cf0cce97d5d47110a823d7a570e.gif

You had me up until that point. Her last fight was embarrassing.

This what happens when you buy up or run out of business the lower tier orgs, need to start funding feeder orgs. It's too bigger step from most regional orgs, for most fighters. They need another tier above.

There's also an issue with pay, if you are of any type of high level athletic ability, there are more lucrative sports to enter.

Makes me appreciate the TUF guys. I am proud of them

This doesn't make any sense. Almost half the all the new hires coming in the UFC are off the contender series.

Over time most of the roster will be Contender Series Alumni. It is inevitable that these some of guys will not only make Top 5 but will become champions in the future.

Its very similar to TUF in that with each passing season, those winning contracts are generally getting worse. The talent level is steadily going downhill, covid-19 hasn't helped though because some DWCS targets were probably signed outright to the UFC as replacements or card fillers. You can't honestly look at those three from last night and think 'yeah, these three will do well in the UFC'.

Jordan Williams will go 0-2 and be cut, in my opinion. Anglin, may fair a bit better. Wolf wouldn't beat anyone currently in the UFC so I'd expect them to sign numerous 0-0 and 1-0 women going forward to try and build some hype for her.

Its very similar to TUF in that with each passing season, those winning contracts are generally getting worse. The talent level is steadily going downhill, covid-19 hasn't helped though because some DWCS targets were probably signed outright to the UFC as replacements or card fillers. You can't honestly look at those three from last night and think 'yeah, these three will do well in the UFC'.

Jordan Williams will go 0-2 and be cut, in my opinion. Anglin, may fair a bit better. Wolf wouldn't beat anyone currently in the UFC so I'd expect them to sign numerous 0-0 and 1-0 women going forward to try and build some hype for her.

You don’t think Wolfe could beat Megan and Felicia? I feel it would be very competitive

Back