These 4 flyweights on tonight’s fightpass.....

"Apparently"

At the end of the day, only a small percentage of men on this planet can make 125lbs and an even smaller percentage of these men will become fighters.
In Asia there's many lighter weight fighters, including Tenshin Nasukawa, the biggest star in Japan. Just not sure if UFC wants that market anymore.

Everyone has there own opinion on the 125 division. Not much shit talkers, and no trilogies, and dj fought people who basically dominated easily. So that’s y 125 was never really that “famous”. All casuals doesn’t like 125, only hardcore fans appreciate 125ers.
It has literally nothing to do with shit talking or trilogies and everything to do with lack of knockout power and watching tiny men who are the size of 5th graders fight.

Make a poll and ask even the most hardcore MMA fans who they would prefer to watch. 2 exciting flyweight fighters or 2 exciting middleweight fighters and I guarantee you 98% of the people will choose the MW fighters.

"Apparently"

At the end of the day, only a small percentage of men on this planet can make 125lbs and an even smaller percentage of these men will become fighters.

And for this reason, the 125 pound division is and always will be dead.
Nice fantasy.

It has literally nothing to do with shit talking or trilogies and everything to do with lack of knockout power and watching tiny men who are the size of a 5th graders fight.

Make a poll and ask even the most hardcore MMA fans who they would prefer to watch. 2 exciting flyweight fighters or 2 exciting middleweight fighters and I guarantee you 98% of the people will choose the MW fighters.
Shit talking has to do a lot with it. Let’s be honest here. Dana tried to make dj talk shit to sell fights but dj said he didn’t want to embarrass himself and didn’t want to act like someone he’s not.

Shit talking has to do a lot with it. Let’s be honest here. Dana tried to make dj talk shit to sell fights but dj said he didn’t want to embarrass himself and didn’t want to act like someone he’s not.
I mean featherweight was a dead division tell Conor showed up. But that division always had awesome fighters.

Nice fantasy.
Fantasy?

<Dylan>

What exactly do you think is the reason why they are cutting the flyweight division?
Shit talking has literally nothing to do with the lack of good fighters in that division. Also shit talking isn't a reason why people aren't interested in that division. That's why I told you to make a poll.

Only problem is fight night cards are supposed to turn casuals into ppv buyers. I don't see flyweight or wmma doing that.
WMMA can... Not on the whole, but Rondamania wasnt long ago... Manlets just need a similar figure but it cant be forced.

Umtil that day cones again, banish ghem to mid week 5k seaters and give Spike TV something to do.

Anybody remember the Jon Delos Reyes vs Roldan Sangcha-An fight years ago?

I think it was FLW

fucking WAR. super back-and-forth fight with amazing grappling sequences

"Apparently"

And for this reason, the 125 pound division is and always will be dead.

You're wrong. There are far more men who can make 125 than there are heavyweights and light heavyweights. Flyweights are 5'4 to 5'6. There are way more manlets walking around than there are legit heavyweights.

Last edited:
I admit its a freakshow division, but some of those fights were spectacular.

The UFC needs another platform - Strikeforce hit gold with "Challengers". Was a great way to show substandard fights and pretend it wasnt their fault... Plus they got a few stars out of it.
I miss Strikeforce literally every time it gets brought up.

Strikeforce was fucking great at the beginning and then just went nuts - i loved everything about it. They made us love Cyborg, Shields, Melendez, and a nunch of others that the UFC failed... Was sick.

Anyone at all who says different is a filthy Conor noob.

Yes but if u actually know about them, both r natural 125ers.

Fail. Some reason, I thought both fighters thought at 125 before.
dont think de la rosa has ever fought at 125

Fantasy?

<Dylan>

What exactly do you think is the reason why they are cutting the flyweight division?

Shit talking has literally nothing to do with the lack of good fighters in that division. Also shit talking isn't a reason why people aren't interested in that division. That's why I told you to make a poll.
Idk how to make a poll lol :)

You're wrong. There are far more men who can make 125 than there are heavyweights and light heavyweights. Flyweights are 5'4 to 5'6. There are way more manlets walking around than there are legit heavyweights.
Dumb example lol

There are WAY more people who can make HW and LW than they are people who can drop to 125 pounds.

Most people who are 5"4 to 5"6 can't make 125lbs.

Strikeforce was fucking great at the beginning and then just went nuts - i loved everything about it. They made us love Cyborg, Shields, Melendez, and a nunch of others that the UFC failed... Was sick.

Anyone at all who says different is a filthy Conor noob.

Their championship belts looked so much cooler
too...

108fv47.jpg

Dumb example lol

There are WAY more people who can make HW and LW than they are people who can drop to 125 pounds.

Most people who are 5"4 to 5"6 can't make 125lbs.

I don't think you realize how much effort goes into making that weight. John Dodson for instance walks around at between 160 to 170 lbs.

Back