TheRematch is going to happen, DEAL WITH IT.

“all bent” ?? I responded to you then I ignored you when I saw that you were irrational. Talk about being bent, you can’t stand that I make these threads so much you have to stalk them... Starting to think you might actually be Tony, cringe game is definitely on par.

LMAO yes I'm the irrational one.

You probably should make another thread to let everyone know.

Seriously I look over the front page and see yet another thread advocating for this rematch. That's not "stalking" bud, it's right there when I jump onto the site.

You don't want comments in your threads? Or you only want comments that agree with you? Or...what?

Your rationale was that because it's "more interesting" to you, that meant that Conor deserved it based on merit. You offered no other explanation of how it could be anyone other than Tony if merit was the driving factor. That isn't what merit means.

And man the word "cringe" needs to go. Are you a 75 year old Jewish lady in Boca who's gossiping about your neighbor's outfit?

I don't agree with your premise that every GOAT is dragged through mud.

Fedor and GSP in particular are very very highly respected in the MMA community. With Fedor some UFC guys like Dana will always try to discredit him for their own self interest, but among fighters and analysts he's probably the most respected and revered out of everyone.

Now the fans, you'll again find most fans giving tons of respect to both these guys. A vast majority of the hardcore fans who know the sport. There is a very small but vocal minority who love to call Fedor a can crusher and GSP a boring blanket. This element will always be there and that's why it doesn't matter so much. They could knock out every fighter that ever existed and some idiot will still go "lol over rated."

Who cares about those comments? They have zero bearing on the legacy of legends like Fedor and GSP, which is very much intact and will be for a long time. Same for Khabib especially if he defends his title against someone like Tony.

I’m curious, how did you feel about Nate II? Not trying to be a jerk, I honestly want to know if you felt the same then as you do now and if not than why?
I only watched the first fight. After that I wanted Conor to defend and haven't watched any of Conor's future fights with the exception of Khabib.

I don't agree with your premise that every GOAT is dragged through mud.

Fedor and GSP in particular are very very highly respected in the MMA community. With Fedor some UFC guys like Dana will always try to discredit him for their own self interest, but among fighters and analysts he's probably the most respected and revered out of everyone.

Now the fans, you'll again find most fans giving tons of respect to both these guys. A vast majority of the hardcore fans who know the sport. There is a very small but vocal minority who love to call Fedor a can crusher and GSP a boring blanket. This element will always be there and that's why it doesn't matter so much. They could knock out every fighter that ever existed and some idiot will still go "lol over rated."

Who cares about those comments? They have zero bearing on the legacy of legends like Fedor and GSP, which is very much intact and will be for a long time. Same for Khabib especially if he defends his title against someone like Tony.

I think your generalizations are off but it’s true that what people say doesn’t really matter, what matters is the fighters own contention and Khabib’s contention is that his legacy is fulfilled. Having established that he doesn’t feel the need to prove anything else to anyone else, what do you think will drive his decision for his next move? If Khabib feels he has accomplished his athletic goals, what do you think should be his next goal? Any answer other than financial security I think is disingenuous. You have to strike when the iron is hot and in this game especially, you simply can’t afford not to.

I only watched the first fight. After that I wanted Conor to defend and haven't watched any of Conor's future fights with the exception of Khabib.

Fair enough but surely you heard about the announcement of the rematch, what was your initial impression upon hearing that they would fight again? Did you think it was pointless?

I think your generalizations are off but it’s true that what people say doesn’t really matter, what matters is the fighters own contention and Khabib’s contention is that his legacy is fulfilled. Having established that he doesn’t feel the need to prove anything else to anyone else, what do you think will drive his decision for his next move? If Khabib feels he has accomplished his athletic goals, what do you think should be his next goal? Any answer other than financial security I think is disingenuous. You have to strike when the iron is hot and in this game especially, you simply can’t afford not to.

I did not make the point that people's opinions don't matter, only the small minority who base their opinions not on reality but on some kind of agenda or hating or bullshit like that. When it comes to legacy public opinion does matter.

I don't think financial security will be his only incentive at this point, it is most likely the primary one but who knows. I'm sure him and his father still want to further his legacy, cement his place as one of the greatest of all time. He is very close but not at the top yet. For that the Tony and GSP fights are much more valuable than a conor rematch.

The GSP fight is by far the best one for him because its serving both goals, it will be a big money fight and does a lot more to further his legacy. At some point in the future he may want to offer conor the rematch for a lot of money, I think if he's offered anything over 50M+ he'l take that fight any time. But their are better fights for him out there right now.

The iron is hot for khabib and it will stay hot as long as he keeps winning.

Fedor - can crusher
Bones - cheater
DC - Jon’s bitch
Gsp - duck
Anderson - fraud
MM - manlet
etc
etc
etc

How will Khabib be remembered in five years time? How much “respect” will the patrons of this “sport” pay to his career? Every GOAT candidate is dragged through the mud and Khabib isn’t even yet at nor guaranteed GOAT status so how will history look back at him when he’s done regardless of if he wins or loses his last few fights?

“Legacy” in the mind of the fans is a fickle thing to be dissected and disrespected to no end. So why should Khabib do anything other than that which benefits himself? Real benefit is security for his family and their families, the means to support his village and its people who truly support(ed) him as opposed to the “fans” ... Why should what the “fans” say or think or want have any baring on Khabib’s next moves?

As far as Khabib is concerned he has accomplished his goals. He has earned his Title and he has defended it. He is content with the fulfilment of the “Legacy” that he set for himself.

Now, it’s time for security and prosperity.

The UFC obviously want TheRematch and Khabib will, if he hasn’t already, come around... and so will YOU.
Get off Conor’s nuts bro and deal with it!

I did not make the point that people's opinions don't matter, only the small minority who base their opinions not on reality but on some kind of agenda or hating or bullshit like that. When it comes to legacy public opinion does matter.

I don't think financial security will be his only incentive at this point, it is most likely the primary one but who knows. I'm sure him and his father still want to further his legacy, cement his place as one of the greatest of all time. He is very close but not at the top yet. For that the Tony and GSP fights are much more valuable than a conor rematch.

The GSP fight is by far the best one for him because its serving both goals, it will be a big money fight and does a lot more to further his legacy. At some point in the future he may want to offer conor the rematch for a lot of money, I think if he's offered anything over 50M+ he'l take that fight any time. But their are better fights for him out there right now.

The iron is hot for khabib and it will stay hot as long as he keeps winning.

His record will speak for itself and that will reflect upon a certain % of the fans but there will always be the others “agenda or hating or bullshit like that“ and I think you underestimate their number. Here on Sherdog you have mostly hardcores I would say and a good percentage (more than just a minority) shyt on Georges and Fedor all the time.

I agree that an excellent option in Georges is available although the ppv numbers would not be near what the McG numbers would be but still a solid payday and if he wins, as you said the iron will remain hot... but Georges isn’t biting.

Were he to fight Ferguson, you must admit that the payday would be but a fraction of the other options. If Khabib loses, the iron is no longer hot and he would have lost his opportunity at making MILLIONS. An opportunity that seldom comes along in this game. I guess at that point he can let the respect (but more likely the disrespect) keep him and his family secure... Or maybe he can wait around for Conor, like Nate.

We as hardcores would buy Khabib vs Tony even if the price was $100 but how many casuals will bite at $50? I’d be surprised if it did a million ppv buys, a fraction of what TheRematch would do.

There is a difference between making a couple mil and making 30mil. I don’t see how Khabib and his team won’t weigh this fact.

Fedor - can crusher
Bones - cheater
DC - Jon’s bitch
Gsp - duck
Anderson - fraud
MM - manlet
etc
etc
etc

How will Khabib be remembered in five years time? How much “respect” will the patrons of this “sport” pay to his career? Every GOAT candidate is dragged through the mud and Khabib isn’t even yet at nor guaranteed GOAT status so how will history look back at him when he’s done regardless of if he wins or loses his last few fights?

“Legacy” in the mind of the fans is a fickle thing to be dissected and disrespected to no end. So why should Khabib do anything other than that which benefits himself? Real benefit is security for his family and their families, the means to support his village and its people who truly support(ed) him as opposed to the “fans” ... Why should what the “fans” say or think or want have any baring on Khabib’s next moves?

As far as Khabib is concerned he has accomplished his goals. He has earned his Title and he has defended it. He is content with the fulfilment of the “Legacy” that he set for himself.

Now, it’s time for security and prosperity.

The UFC obviously want TheRematch and Khabib will, if he hasn’t already, come around... and so will YOU.
Just when you thought Sherdog couldn't get any dumber, @Wise1 says, "hold my beer".

Just when you thought Sherdog couldn't get any dumber, @Wise1 says, "hold my beer".

This was too funny to get mad at but damn brah, did you even read it? What’s dumb about what I wrote?

Rematches have been gifted to more people for less.

I think it would be entertaining, again.

Conor took the third and was starting to land.

He was also winning the fourth for a time.

What’s dumb about what I wrote?
I don't want to see #TheRematch. In a perfect world, I'd like to see McGregor v. Diaz 3 & Khabib v. Tony.

Conor should string some wins together and work his way back. The LW division is too STACKED to gift him another title shot.

coming off a 2 year layoff, isn't exactly being at your best...so a rematch is warranted...
A healthy 2 year lay off, it's not like he was injured.

Conor offered to step in for against Edgar earlier this year and is the guy who advocates "stay ready so you don't have to get ready". I don't believe one bit he wasn't ready for Nurmagomedov, I think he been training.

If he loses this rematch you guys really don't have any avenue of excuses other than Khabib is 200lbs which he isn't he's 185 and Conor walks at 177.

Back