• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

There Is Now A Massive Rift Between Conor McGregor And Dana White

Is it just me or is conor a bit ahead of himself moving up and halting the division like this?

Great fighter? Check
Worthy champion? check
Entertainer? Double check

However in my opinion he has lots to prove. I think a rematch with Aldo should have been the very first thing that needed. You simply can't put a pencil through Aldos name after a 13 second loss, we need to see more.
Frankie needs a shot after that. The move up to LW for an instant crack at the belt is a clever move by conor. What does he have to lose? Nothing is what. It puts a potential rematch with Aldo on the bench for anything up to 12 months and then a crack for frankie potentially 18 months away, frankie ain't getting any younger and will likely fight before 18 months passes. Anything could happen.

If Conor wins the fight vs rds (which I just don't see happening) will he go back and give frankie that fight that really needs to happen plus an aldo rematch?

It's not like Conor going up to LW & holding the FW belt has only being a recent thing/plan. He talked about it a long time before there was talk of rumours between him and Dana not seeing eye to eye anymore.

Think about an immediate rematch against Aldo. And think about what Conor had been complaining about - not fighting often enough. If there was an immediate rematch given to Aldo, you'd think July for 200 would be the date. Aldo's not exactly active in recent times and his pulling out record speaks for itself.

Thinking about it now, Conor has mentioned:

- at the open workout before the Aldo fight he wanted to fight regularly.
- before he left Ireland for the fight he said he'd believe Croke Park when he sees it.
- the Go Big press conference he seemed like he was having a breakdown more than anything. And I think that may be when he felt after all that had happened before 189 he wasn't getting paid enough.
- Dana vetoing him and Diego Sanchez fighting at 155 when the UFC first went to Mexico.
- mentioning that Dana didn't like his tattoos - why would he care?
- and after 194 Dana talked about Conor vacating the belt to go up to 145, then shortly afterwards Conor talking about not vacating it.

I think the Frank belt slam in anger has been put to rest. You can see the full reaction on one of the different camera angles on Fight Pass. It seemed like what Dana said and that he was shocked by the KO like everyone around him.

Botter talked about Conor being possibly the first fighter to fight under HBO - but where are the opponents going to come from? I think the whole co-promoting thing is nonsense.

Jordan Breen had talked about one big difference between Conor and Rousey being that Rousey will sign whatever contract is put in front of her, while Conor will negotiate. But who knows if that's true or who his "source" is.

I could see Dana getting rather pissy if Conor and his team refused to negotiate with Dana and insisted with only speaking with the Boss, Frank Fertitta.

Dana's ego would hate that.

Good. Would love to see Danas big ego bitch slapped by a guy who runs the fight game. If Conor decided to stand up and say he was starting a fighters union it would be the best day ever.
not sure what an union would do to HIMSELF, i think he wants the money all for himself, and that it work better that way working alone

but i really dont know shit when it comes down to things like that

The Ferttitas own 80%+ of the UFC, Dana owns 9%. He knows who to ally himself with.

Why do you think he was praising Ronda over Conor publicly?

Money talks Dana.
next we will have more breaking news that rhonda has signed with McGreggor promotions and will fight cyborg on the undercard of Conor V Floyd in croke park.

back to my popcorn

All this will be meaningless once RDA takes his soul.

Conor may think he is big enough to have his own promotion but he isn't

What would it be Conor headlining a card every few months with a bunch of amateur circuit guys filling out the rest of the card? I don't see it Conor needs the UFC
yeah, thats a big part

he cant just run his promotion. maybe in the far future. but right now, he would put a card consitent of who, mcgregor fighting... uuh,... gunnar......artem...... paddy hollohan.... and?

If true, I hope this works out well for Conor. But it's a massive jump going from being a star bankrolled by an organization to bankrolling the operation yourself. I honestly do not think he's close to that yet and is jumping the gun, but still support him in his endeavor.

AGAIN, Conor is trolling the UFC since day ONE.

Lol at anyone who thinks the UFC won't hold him down. They can and most certainly will freeze him out if they wanted. They did it with Tito during the dark ages when he was their biggest star and they almost had to sell the company because of it. Conor needs the UFC way more than the UFC needs Conor.
who the fuck is tito compared to mcgregor

A man goes and buys a baby snake. Feeds it, takes care of it. Shows it love and devotion. Once the snake is full grown it bites the man who showed it nothin but devotion and love. When the man asks the snake why did you bite me the snake replies. Im a snake bro.... what did you expect.

Ladies and Gentlemen...the TJ Dillashaw story.

The problem in Show Biz is that you need superstars with drawing capacity to put asses in seats and sell PPVs. But superstars realize that you can't do it without them and then demand a bigger and bigger share of the pot - as the team owner in The Last Boy Scout put it - "gimme, gimme, gimme." So the industry is in a constant struggle to develop superstars and then has to turn around and fight with them. Same thing for the movie studios, baseball teams, record labels, TV networks, etc. etc.
I don't see Conor promoting his own fights but I see him leveraging his position for things like a bigger share of PPV's.
exactly, i think thats what he wants in the end of the day

maaaaybe in the far future to really run a promotion, but who knows

OK.

Sm1ZGax.jpg
yeah, youre getting a fucking pre selected pic to make your argument valid

if you pick a video and starts taking prints of each frame of it, you will get TONS of different reactions from the same person

How is he a snake? He's literally been talking about McGregor industries since the beginning. His work is a business for him.

Dillashaw turned on his training partners and talked shit about them, that's a snake. McGregor still in good terms with the guys he's been calling business associates since the beginning.

Whether he stays with the UFC or makes his own company, power to him as long as he stays happy and keeps making money. It would be cool to see many promotions at once in MMA, just as it is in boxing though.

Anyone who believes any one fighter can supercede the UFC purely off their name value must have missed out on Affliction.
feodr was NEVER that big of a draw. maybe only in japan

BUT mcgregor IS the guy to be this huge draw. not to create his own promotion, who would fight there? but to get a really good contract out of the ufc

Call me skeptical but I'll wait for a bit of confirmation from other sources.

Conor is smart. Follow the money. Dana may be the head of the UFC but he isn't the one making the ultimate decisions. He's also probably a lot harder to deal with than the Fertittas. Conor doesn't need to go through him.

All the Fertittas care about is their income. Dana is the type of guy to shut things down just because of his ego or not liking it. If Conor can go around him it's for the better.

Why do you think he was praising Ronda over Conor publicly?

Money talks Dana.
Yep this was a very unsubtle putdown of McGregor, I knew there was truth to the Conor/Dana rift when I heard him say that.

Lol at anyone who thinks the UFC won't hold him down. They can and most certainly will freeze him out if they wanted. They did it with Tito during the dark ages when he was their biggest star and they almost had to sell the company because of it. Conor needs the UFC way more than the UFC needs Conor.

Um lets examine some of the fact when the UFC has been in large dispute with its fighters and the outcomes of those disputes

Randy Fucking Couture vs UFC.
Randy had a dispute with the UFC and was upset he was not getting enough money.
The dispute went as far as to land in court. Let me tell you that court is not fucking cheap.
On top of this financial cost Randy's contract became public so the managers of all the other champs could scrutinize it and use it to renegotiate their champions contracts if they were not as good. They now had precedence in getting their fighter a better rate.

I am sorry Randy's little stunt cost Zuffa quite a bit financially.

So Randy COST the UFC a lot of money in court went against the grain and aired his dirty laudry publicly and the UFC punished him how???

O that's right they gave him his biggest mother fucking pay day of his life against Lesner at UFC 91.

Conor has more drawing power then Randy had at this present time. They are not going to do shit as long as his requests are some what reasonable.

The reason they treated with Tito diffrently then Randy (in terms of the freeze out vs being rewarded with Lesnar) is most probably b/c Tito did not want to reach a compromise that would net him more money and was holding out for even more. I know it is speculation what I am saying but that is what usually happens in negotiations. Tito more then likley was too hard line where Randy jumped at the opportunity to resolve his dispute with a lucrative fight with Lesnar.

Point is When a fighter has leverage the UFC has proven it will shift the goal posts or be reasonable in accommodating its fighters.

Funny how you think Conor is about better fighter pay and not just better pay for himself. If anything, this will probably cause a backlash against 99% of the roster when it comes to contract negotiations.

Having said that, good for Conor.
yeah, but that is the thing, even if mcgregor only wants ALL THE MONEY IN THE UFC for himself, at the end of the day hes doing the other fighters a favor, cause they will see mcgregor's money and say, "hey, i want this kind of money too". the big fighters that arnet as big as mcgregor will start this trend, and they will get more, and then the fighters below that will do the same, till it reaches to the lowest base pay in the ufc, and everyone will make more in the end of the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back