Media There is a place for Fighters and Fans who dislike grappling/wrestling

in ONE FC. They have these striking only matches with mma gloves, perfect for those who dislike the hugging, clinching, wrestling and putting heads into crotches part of fighting. And those fights are amazing. Every single one of them i wathed yet, were wars.

i for one love the grappling just as much as the striking part, thats why you'll never hear me bitchin about wrestling in mma, but this is a great alternative for everybody really. If you like fighting, you'll love these matches:
No mma fan dislikes grappling.

Many mma fans don’t like guys who use grappling as an ends to a means to win rounds. Unlike, say, Matt Hughes who used grappling as a way to get into position to finish a fight.

You may celebrate fighters who win by take down and hold down. It’s certainly proven to be a great way to win fights without taking damage, the ultimate goal in these contests. I’m more neutral on the subject myself, because I understand why it’s evolved like it has. I certainly get some frustration by some fans.

But generalizing everyone who says anything remotely negative about any aspect of grappling in MMA is spurious, at best.

Last edited:
Or boxing or kick boxing....

in ONE FC. They have these striking only matches with mma gloves, perfect for those who dislike the hugging, clinching, wrestling and putting heads into crotches part of fighting. And those fights are amazing. Every single one of them i wathed yet, were wars.

i for one love the grappling just as much as the striking part, thats why you'll never hear me bitchin about wrestling in mma, but this is a great alternative for everybody really. If you like fighting, you'll love these matches:

Thai names are rather lengthy

Back