Media There is a place for Fighters and Fans who dislike grappling/wrestling

LastBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
in ONE FC. They have these striking only matches with mma gloves, perfect for those who dislike the hugging, clinching, wrestling and putting heads into crotches part of fighting. And those fights are amazing. Every single one of them i wathed yet, were wars.

i for one love the grappling just as much as the striking part, thats why you'll never hear me bitchin about wrestling in mma, but this is a great alternative for everybody really. If you like fighting, you'll love these matches:

giphy.gif

Meh... I’ll catch a ONE fight here and there but it’s hard for me to get invested. Don’t know what is but their promotion lacks that spice that gets me super excited for fights

Striking should always be done in these smaller gloves.

Once you get used to that kind of striking (which is pretty realistic) it's so much cooler than that stuff in boxing etc.

Agree re grappling being entertaining. So long as there's gnp, guard passes, sub attempts etc. Grappling for the sake of stalling or taking a break can get annoying.

Meh, I don’t like watching the minor leagues..

What about enjoying MMA as a whole but not liking stalling? For example I don't mind grappling but dislike the "position over submission" mindset that leads to some guys just blanketing their opponents while doing next to nothing offensively. Some fighters are happy as long as they can hold their opponent against the fence or on the ground and do just enough to not have the ref take away the position.

Fortunately, God invented muay thai for such occasions

So what is that, C class MT in a cage? At least give me a ring. Better view, strategy, corner action...

What about enjoying MMA as a whole but not liking stalling? For example I don't mind grappling but dislike the "position over submission" mindset that leads to some guys just blanketing their opponents while doing next to nothing offensively. Some fighters are happy as long as they can hold their opponent against the fence or on the ground and do just enough to not have the ref take away the position.

There's plenty of stalling in striking too.

Meh... I’ll catch a ONE fight here and there but it’s hard for me to get invested. Don’t know what is but their promotion lacks that spice that gets me super excited for fights
Probably because they are all Chinese over there!! There are no Muricans!!

Back