There goes Woodley's hope of a title.....ever

Insert marquardt ko of Woodley here*

*why?
Just bc
That's why

Yeah, as a fan that's the fight I'd prefer. Woodley's claim has always been sorta flawed too (although better than Condit's), like he mostly should get it because no one else has really cemented themselves as the number one contender. Given his losses, I think he needs another win. He's 5-3 in his last eight fights.

Now that Wonderboy has a signature win against a top opponent, his win streak becomes much more impressive.
Yeah, Woodley has been in the title talk for longer but I don't think that should entitle him to anything. I mean, in his last three, he has one great performance in a KO against the Dong, one meh fight in a split decision win against Kelvin and one shitty fight against Rory. I don't feel like he's washed the stink of that Rory fight off over the course of two fights. Prior to that, his fight against Condit was good but ultimately was decided by an injury. Before that was Kosh, but a much-diminished version, I'd argue. Then another split decision, this time a loss against Shields. Yeah, pretty damn mediocre over his last six.

I forget woodley exists to be honest. Besides a nice KO over Koscheck, he hasn't really done anything to wow me. I think he's a non factor in the WW division. If he gets a shot, it's either as a freebie like Cote was for Anderson, or because there's no one else.

He should have beat Rory. That's when his title shot vanished. He got tuned up in that fight.

Back