There goes Woodley's hope of a title.....ever

BucktoothBeauty

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
How can anyone expect him to get it now? That was a thrashing of a previous title holder and the guy that went 5 rounds with the Champ 2x.

And you know what? Woodley cant be mad at the UFC, the fans, or anyone EXCEPT Johnny Hendricks. If that johnny showed up against Woodley he would have blown him away and that would have been his shot.

Shame on you Hendricks. Shame

Can't disagree honestly. Thompson just shook the whole division up.

But but but but he beat Kelvin....via split decision....in a boring fight.

Seriously people yapping for Woodley to get a title shot would cry after it saying how boring he is.

That's what happens when you sit and wait. i hope wonder boy gets it now.

Wonderboy is the fun fight. Makes all the sense in the world from a business perspective.

Tyrone Woodley's ufc run:

- Beat Condit via freak accident
- Gifted a decision over Gastelum imo
- Best win was Dong
- Thinks he beat Hendrix automatically because he didnt make weight

That's why you never wait for a title fight

He didn't fight but Woodley was the biggest loser tonight.

Woodley is on a 2 fight win streak and his last was a split decision. He's like Stipe where they think a 1 or 2 fight win streak is enough to justify a title shot.

Thompson is on a 6 fight win streak with 4 finishes. I think it's clear who's the most deserving right now.

I'd love to see Wonderboy beat Lawler then fight Macdonald, that would be a technical masterclass.

Woodleys last win was a split decision vs Gastelum who got beat by Magny over 5 rounds. Isn't looking good for woodley right now, his stubbornness may cost him.

Split decision over Gastelum VS Koing a former champ with an Iron chin in the First round......

Woodley has nobody to blame but himself. He hasn't fought in a year, he's on a 2 fight win streak where one of those is a split decision. If he stopped thinking he was owed a title shot every time he gets a win he might actually earn one.

Wonderboy is the fun fight. Makes all the sense in the world from a business perspective.

Yeah, as a fan that's the fight I'd prefer. Woodley's claim has always been sorta flawed too (although better than Condit's), like he mostly should get it because no one else has really cemented themselves as the number one contender. Given his losses, I think he needs another win. He's 5-3 in his last eight fights.

Now that Wonderboy has a signature win against a top opponent, his win streak becomes much more impressive.

Woodley technically beat Hendricks before the fight even started so his win is even more impressive than Wonderboy's.

Division passed him by. Woodley fucked himself by being inactive for so long.

Right now he needs to be looking for a fight and win it to solidify himself in the division.

Can't say I disagree, definitely would give it to Thompson over Woodley.

Back