the yoga brick

Demogoblin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
what do you guys think of it ?
do you think it works ?
have you used it in any yoga classes
I fractured my hand a year ago .. I fought two guys at the same time and i lost ..well I actually fought three guys each one of them had 50 lbs on me but the first guy I was able to take out using martial arts the other guys came one minute later .and I felt like fucking Rodney king being pounded so I rolled down the stairs to get away
so ,I I bought two of them ( yoga bricks) I do the pushups on them i put my hand on both for some reason the brick takes the pressure off the place where I had the rod put into my hand I mena I got the rod out - the brick soaks the pressure .. okay for some reaons this is a like a crazy -ass strict rule on grammar room so if my grammar sucks I am sorry I am so use to posting in facebook that they don't care about grammar and punctuation .. I post a lot in comic book forums and even though its a forum they don't care about grammar unless your grammar is like really bad and you're are mean to people and you're a smart ass

i like to do pushups on blocks. i also broke my wrist 20 years ago and when i had a tennis elbow it was useful, too. sometimes i just use a folded towel just to give the fingers some room to the floor. works well for me.

Yes, I've used them. They're an effective way to do yoga postures when you're less flexible.

E.g. if you do the 'triangle' your hand is meant to touch the floor really firmly but your body is meant to be nice and straight. If you aren't that flexible your torso ends up pretty curved. When you put your hand on the brick it allows you to get a better upper body position. As I understand it, it's helpful because when your upper body collapses, it relieves the pressure from the stretch. So it ends up being less effective. Similar to forward bending with a belt or strap. If you aren't that flexible, if you grab your feet/toes you end up bending with your back, it's less effective. If you wrap the strap around your feet and use it to pull yourself forward, like this, it's easier to keep your back straight and the stretch is better.

I'd say they are very helpful for getting better at yoga. Not essential for getting flexible- there are other ways to do that which involves easier movements.

Back