The worst thing about Conor VS Diaz

Replacement fight at a odd weight is just a ton of excuses for whomever loses.

-Diaz loses: and he is a warrior willing to fight anyone anywhere. If he had a full camp he woulda won!

-Conor loses: Diaz was several weight classes above him, give Conor time to bulk up or make Diaz fight at LW and give us a rematch.

No matter the outcome no one is moving up or down in a division, FW and LW are on hold because of a WW catchweight bout.

Nobody is expecting conor to lose. That simply isn't going to happen.

The worst thing is Conor yet again gets fed an opponent that has a 10 day training camp and had to fight at 170 because he could not come close to 155 which means he is at least 15 pounds out of fighting shape. He accepted the role of being a jobber for this fight so it is what it is

I think you mean another pussy brazilian pulls out with a bogus excuse. First also with his Bruised ribs, now rda with his bruised foot. That is not conor's fault. he has to fight someone, right?

The worst thing is that a late replacement, non title fight gets billed above a legit title defense by Queen Holly against a rightful number one contender in Miesha Tate.

I think you mean another pussy brazilian pulls out with a bogus excuse. First also with his Bruised ribs, now rda with his bruised foot. That is not conor's fault. he has to fight someone, right?
Cain and Pettis are Brazilian now?

The only outcome if Conor loses will be they will keep him out of the Welterweight division and use that as the reason for his loss. They may let him fight for the WW belt down the road then, but they will likely wait fearing another loss there.

If Diaz loses, well, nothing changes unless he almost wins, then they may try to keep Conor away from Robbie. But if Conor dominates, the Conor train will keep rolling.

And the best thing ...this could be a pretty dam good war

Worst thing about it is these shit fucking threads.

I would be a little choked if I had tickets to RDA/Mac but as a fan...

this is a fun fight!
it save the ppv as well
you can't just cancel events and everyone is wanting to see Mac fight

The worst thing about this fight is its still 5 nights away

The worst thing is that a late replacement, non title fight gets billed above a legit title defense by Queen Holly against a rightful number one contender in Miesha Tate.

You'd rather they fight while half the crowd is trying to leave?

You'd rather they fight while half the crowd is trying to leave?
Anyone who leaves during a championship fight doesn't deserve to watch it anyway. Besides, they already paid their fare.

IMO the worst thing is that we have to wait longer for Conor/RDA. The Conor/Nate fight isn't a bad fight - it's actually a great fight - but it wasn't what I was looking forward to seeing in March.
No worries, it will happen sooner or later.

You know what they say about excuses- they're like assholes......everyone has one and they all stink.

Replacement fight at a odd weight is just a ton of excuses for whomever loses.

-Diaz loses: and he is a warrior willing to fight anyone anywhere. If he had a full camp he woulda won!

-Conor loses: Diaz was several weight classes above him, give Conor time to bulk up or make Diaz fight at LW and give us a rematch.

No matter the outcome no one is moving up or down in a division, FW and LW are on hold because of a WW catchweight bout.
Both fighters are fighting outside their natural weight classes. I considered this an exhibition match from the time it was announced. And what's wrong with that? It was a good matchup that was a big payday for Nate & Conor and showed McGregor some things he needs to work on in the future. People might think this destroys McGregor but it doesn't. It was a payday for him and Diaz and showed him the parts of his game he needs to work on. Made money for the UFC and a good show for the fans. It was a win all around.

Back