Social The worst accent you've heard in your life?

The combination of the vocal fry, uptalk, and the Valley girl accent is a serious affront to the English language. I refuse to take seriously anyone speaking in such manner.

As for the glottal stop, no I don't think so. I have yet to meet a compatriot who says "Can I have a bo'uh of wa'uh?"
You seem to be taking my comments on Noo Joysey badly. Actually seems best and worst accents can be a touchy subject after @Daverisimo 's meltdown. There's no need to start picking on people's nationality though. Check this out:

50th out of 50 US accents: Long Island
49th: New Jersey

I was born and raised in Toronto, and the "accent" they speak of is Caribbean patois mixed with the general intonation and word choices of Canadians as a whole. I most commonly associate that accent with kids trying to act black. Most adults do not speak like that.
This happened in London too. Cockney transformed into 'MLE', 'Multicultural London English', which sounds kind of Caribbean. Some people call it 'Jafaican'.
The Brummie accent. From Birmingham, England. These people always so so monotonic and heavily depressed.
The Welsh accent too.
I like Brummie, just goes to show Beauty is in the ear of the listener.

For me, hands down it's this:

No, not the poor Indian pizza delivery guy. I'm talking about the insufferable douche behind the phone camera, recording this entire interaction. Apparently this is what's called the "Toronto Mans Accent," a mixture of general Canadian accent and Jamaican patois. The inflections from this douche canoe emit the same reaction from me as nails on a chalkboard.

"Focking mun-ney?" 🤮 The worst part of it all was when Toronto Douche here mimicked the Indian dude's accent with a complete lack of self-awareness.

Accent aside the guy who made this video is a loser. Did he really think this made him look cool?

Wow

You seem to be taking my comments on Noo Joysey badly. Actually seems best and worst accents can be a touchy subject after @Daverisimo 's meltdown. There's no need to start picking on people's nationality though. Check this out:

This happened in London too. Cockney transformed into 'MLE', 'Multicultural London English', which sounds kind of Caribbean. Some people call it 'Jafaican'.

The Received Pronunciation and General American accents are the gold standard for the most neutral, intelligible accent.

Southern Irish accent, it sounds like a tourist attraction vomitted in your ear, it's sickly sweet.

Glaswegian accent, someone actually vomitted deep fried mars bars with buckfast whist off their face on Heroin in your ear.

How so?

By the way, it's "you're," not "your."

Arrrrr, Matey!

Completely normal for an American...... There's absolutely nothing wrong with using crap spelling and grammar on an anonymous karate forum... Karen B Thunder thighs, B is for Bucket Vagina...... Arrrrr

Anyway, back to the topic, it's not a very good example of a neutral English accent......

If you want a better example..... And you don't want to use the UK.. I would head to some of our other colonies on the other side of the world, sorry but you've had too much breeding with other nations in the North America place for your English to be taken seriously.......

Not an accent per se but many Murrkans on TV/Internet/etc have become a real problem over the last decade or so. I mean that nasal metallic croaking that american women talk in these days, and that has contaminated men as well most recently. WTF is that and why aren't more people talking about this?
Example?

04fabb8402fbc5459013a4d13a0a0f2259c3f2-wm.jpg

This topic has come up before.

1. Vietnamese - sounds like someone is talking and vomiting at the same time. It has this weird staccato speech pattern.
2. Filipino
3. Boston accents
4. Southern redneck accents.
5. Canadian - the weird way that say house, out, mouse, etc
6. Maybe not so much of an accent, but the fucking annoying vocal fry like Kim Kardashian and all the bitches on the Bachelor.

Arrrrr, Matey!

Completely normal for an American...... There's absolutely nothing wrong with using crap spelling and grammar on an anonymous karate forum... Karen B Thunder thighs, B is for Bucket Vagina...... Arrrrr

Anyway, back to the topic, it's not a very good example of a neutral English accent......

If you want a better example..... And you don't want to use the UK.. I would head to some of our other colonies on the other side of the world, sorry but you've had too much breeding with other nations in the North America place for your English to be taken seriously.......

klZ5yKq.jpeg

What the hell are you rambling about?

New York/NJ accents should he considered the best

klZ5yKq.jpeg

What the hell are you rambling about?

The general American accent isn't a neutral accent is it....... That's like saying America is a neutral country....... It's definitely a common accent but It's not really English is it, you can't pronounce half the words right and let's not going into the spelling.....Matey.

Anyway, how's the weather?

The general American accent isn't a neutral accent is it....... That's like saying America is a neutral country....... It's definitely a common accent but It's not really English is it, you can't pronounce half the words right and let's not going into the spelling.....Matey.

Anyway, how's the weather?

I refuse to be lectured on the pronunciation of English words by some dude who pronounces "garage" as "gay-rahj."

The weather's fine, MATE. Overcast at around 64 degrees Fahrenheit.

Back