Social The worst accent you've heard in your life?

Ok so it is identified as something super annoying. Good.

I never noticed the creaky aspect of it that tails off at the end of sentences until now. I always just thought of it as a dumb valley girl accent.

I'm really not the type to have large outbursts of laughter or to be rude to anyone out in public but I was staying near San Diego for work a few years back and was finishing up dinner at the hotel bar.

This attractive 20 something girl walks up and says to the bartender "Excuse me, what's the soup of the day?"

But picture the most ridiculous, over the top valley girl vocal fry you could ever imagine.

It came out as "Excuuu eeee, like, whats tha souu of tha dahhhhh?"

I felt so bad but I just erupted into laughter because it caught me so off guard.

I never noticed the creaky aspect of it that tails off at the end of sentences until now. I always just thought of it as a dumb valley girl accent.

I'm really not the type to have large outbursts of laughter or to be rude to anyone out in public but I was staying near San Diego for work a few years back and was finishing up dinner at the hotel bar.

This attractive 20 something girl walks up and says to the bartender "Excuse me, what's the soup of the day?"

But picture the most ridiculous, over the top valley girl vocal fry you could ever imagine.

It came out as "Excuuu eeee, like, whats tha souu of tha dahhhhh?"

I felt so bad but I just erupted into laughter because it caught me so off guard.
I actually looked it up and it's really a thing it seems. I even found an article from a mainstream German paper that started with "an increasing number of young american women sound as if the have voice problems". LOL.

Wow. What was wrong with that guy? Accent is retarded, but everything north of Torrington CT is similarly painful. His attitude though! I’m not a violent person, but just listening to his treatment of that man makes me want to give him a lesson in being respectful.

It's not the worst, but I love how Louis C.K.'s Polish accent was so bad that even Kate McKinnon couldn't keep it together in this skit. When he says "money" is a YLYL moment.

I was born and raised in Toronto, and the "accent" they speak of is Caribbean patois mixed with the general intonation and word choices of Canadians as a whole. I most commonly associate that accent with kids trying to act black. Most adults do not speak like that.

Wow. What was wrong with that guy? Accent is retarded, but everything north of Torrington CT is similarly painful. His attitude though! I’m not a violent person, but just listening to his treatment of that man makes me want to give him a lesson in being respectful.
Yes that poor delivery guy didn't deserve that.
I also doubt that the idiot screaming has ever been in a fight.

Yeah, whatever that Toronto accent is.. it's horrible.

I can only criticize native English speakers since I don't speak any other languages.

For me, Cajun/Louisiana.. fucking impossible to understand. Also, English Essex is pretty bad.

Hate the heavy Boston and NY accents, they're just gross. Minnesota and Canada sound like a goofy Aunt, not a fan of those either. Some Scottish sound like they're speaking a different language.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back