The Woodley Anomaly

Maia is way more exicting than woodley IMO . ocne he gets you to the ground you are screwed .

Both wonderboy and maia had a bunch exiting fights pre-woodley.

It takes two to tango

Tyrones game plan for both fights was to avoid his opponents offence/stay defensive.

He could very well have been agressive and still win. Its not like its guaranteed youll lose for engaging
Although as a fan I want to see the most exciting fights possible... I will never fault a champion for using a safe (boring) game plan to retain his belt. Woodley is hated for having some of the highest fight IQ we've ever seen, but it sounds less ignorant if you just call him "boring"

Better to stay champ and get boo'ed than to take risks to please fans and lose your belt IMO

Although as a fan I want to see the most exciting fights possible... I will never fault a champion for using a safe (boring) game plan to retain his belt. Woodley is hated for having some of the highest fight IQ we've ever seen, but it sounds less ignorant if you just call him "boring"

Better to stay champ and get boo'ed than to take risks to please fans and lose your belt IMO
ok, no problem. i can understand that.

just dont complain or try to argue otherwise when people call you boring

ok, no problem. i can understand that.

just dont complain or try to argue otherwise when people call you boring
Oh true that. I wasn't really taking that into account. It is off putting when he whines about the fans reaction to his style. Just say "I'm a boring CHAMP" and be done with it... Don't keep claiming how brilliant your fights are when we all have 2 eyes. Good point thanks for straightening me out.

Plenty of people have acknowledged that his opponents have a history of boring fights and contributed to boring fights with Ty. Nobody blames the boring fights solely on him.

But nowadays, errrbody just wants to pretend their favorite fighter is the victim. @bigeastgi43 had a similar thread about Israel earlier but it got deleted for race baiting.

Plenty of people have acknowledged that his opponents have a history of boring fights and contributed to boring fights with Ty. Nobody blames the boring fights solely on him.

But nowadays, errrbody just wants to pretend their favorite fighter is the victim. @bigeastgi43 had a similar thread about Israel earlier but it got deleted for race baiting.

It did? Lol

He spent too much time practicing karate in preparation for wonderboy. Now he fights like machida. Boring as hell with a few good explosive moments.

Get back to your roots Woodley! We want to see you bang!

(HUSH UP Woodley. Not being racist. By roots I mean fighting roots and when I say bang I mean TUF “let them bang” not “gang bang”)

Not gonna lie. His “race baiting” gimmick has been growing on me. Now it’s paying off when there’s someone like Colby playing it back.

Maia is way more exicting than woodley IMO . ocne he gets you to the ground you are screwed .
Maia lost last 3, and won title shot after split vs Masvidal, maybe he was exciting when he was a little bit younger, but not right now.

Not gonna lie. His “race baiting” gimmick has been growing on me. Now it’s paying off when there’s someone like Colby playing it back.
How is he a race baiter? Anyone that has done their homework saw his social medias flooded with racist comments? If you are a bigot, just admit it, but don't make yourself look like a fucking moron, by blatantly denying the truth.

I just hope someone gets KO'ed. Sick of these 48-47 snoozefests where we're reduced to arguing over who took the pivotal round.
It will be so satisfying to see that weight missed bully get ko'd and watch the salt on sherdog continue with the Woodley era.

He's played it so safe in his title defenses that he's received a split draw and majority decision back-to-back and then set the record for least strikes thrown in a UFC title fight.

Woodley is boring at times but if he chooses to fight this way then whatever man. Remember back in the day when GSP was fighting in the most safest fashion ever and when fans complained about others would say this is a competitive sport so deal with it? Lol... Well how is this any different?

Tyron Woodley should fight his fight, it's his right as champion. But the only thing he should never complain about is PPV sales.

He's one of those guys where people have decided as a group that its cool to hate on him. No amount of logic or defense will do anything. Now, if he wins a couple fights in spectacular fashion, the hoes will jump sides.

Back