Television THE WITCHER TV Series (Season 3 Premieres June 29, 2023)

If you have seen THE WITCHER season one, how would you rate the first season?

• Total voters
not a fan of comic book to movie epic, CG orgasmatic enterprises.
but thx for the breakdown.

Eh if they do it more in the vain of LOTR and GOT that'd be great. If it's like superhero BS then yeah it won't be good. I haven't played much of the games yet only an hour or two of the 2nd one but it was good.

Will watch but not a fan of him as Geralt

Should have been

I'm more interested in who will play Triss and Yennefer.
kelly-overton-abs-0.jpg

087329bf00486ed70cf585e9796c9e6a.jpg

I think it depends on what your talking about. The movies generally suck or are super average but Netflix made shows can be good. Ozark, Mindhunter, Stranger Things, House of Cards, etc are all really good and can compete with anything else on. They do have a lot of sub par content but I trust the shows way more than the movies.
I agree 100%, think they generally do a good job with the shows even though they put out as much content as they do. I think their even starting to do a better job with the as they seem to invest more into them.

I agree 100%, think they generally do a good job with the shows even though they put out as much content as they do. I think their even starting to do a better job with the as they seem to invest more into them.

Yeah, Mindhunter in particular is really as good as any show I'm currently watching. Big fan and next season Manson is going to be on there. I hope this show lands because Fantasy is my favorite genre but it's hard to make good. Very few have done so and frankly I don't know if the Witcher is up my alley cuz I haven't really played it but I know the basic premise. Sounds interesting and different from anything else that's really been done so far. LOTR and GOT are both epic but this sounds WAYYY different than those.

Netflix's series have good track record, so hopefully they will do the Witcher justice.

Henry is not a bad actor, he is just stuck with DC mess. The Witcher could be Henry's Deadpool.

Mads lol
Easily the most overrated actor on sherdog

And yet was the fans pick for the role, including the polish ones who know the series better than anybody

They should get Bautista to be letho.
Vinnie Jones with x-men with fake muscle is close as you can get lol
latest

article-1092575-02B85F07000005DC-28_468x704.jpg

While at it

O'Dimm
maxresdefault.jpg

119-652.jpg

gaunter.jpg

f14b17f8c068776c793ca47bd9d2abf4.jpg

Dettlaff
tumblr_oivmw9d43S1vwufx5o1_540.gif

jaime.gif

thumb.php

Lorweth

18409.jpg

Ciri
ciri_2.jpg

giphy.gif

Vesemir
1370af61bdcac413cda38b1946b4b26a.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Obvious one lol
cvs1Ys153gwgxgBBUUDLShNwOyCbxUNZ-Y-u7oB3ouw.jpg

Last edited:
I was kinda picturing Nikolaj for the role but I guess Cavil could work for the role also

Odimm & dettlaff are perfect haha. David Beckham is LOL but also perfect. I wish he was a badass and could act.

Tbh Olgierd story was like being born with great look/genetic/talent/skill and having all ladies wanting to fuck him.

No need crazy acting skills, Beckham will have to play as himself lol (wich kinda was the developers point on do the character based on him)

I'm more interested in who will play Triss and Yennefer.

Eva Green is my go to hot wizard fantasy lady. She'd be perfect.

I think its pretty cool that Cavil, who is a huge fan, just put it out there that he wants the role, and he got it. He is a good actor and I think he will be able to pull off the brooding bad ass witcher. I'll be curious to see his look for the series. Netflix has a big opportunity here, with GOT ending. If they stay true to the novels and games, they could have a great show.

If anyone is interested, there was a Polish Wiedźmin "Witcher" TV series and a movie in early 2000. Man, did they suck, especially the CGIs. You can find them on youtube under "wiedzmin". This was Geralt:
z21505838IH,Wiedzmin.jpg

And this was Yen:
yenfilmpolski.jpg

If anyone is interested, there was a Polish Wiedźmin "Witcher" TV series and a movie in early 2000. Man, did they suck, especially the CGIs. You can find them on youtube under "wiedzmin". This was Geralt:
z21505838IH,Wiedzmin.jpg

And this was Yen:
yenfilmpolski.jpg
THEY USED KATANAS AS WITCHER SWORDS! KURWA!!!!
The story is extremely warped as well, Vesemir being a some kind of monk instead of old witcher.
Many witcher fans liked the actor who played Geralt, Michal Zhebrowski (spelling?).

To everyone interested in Witcher games, I highly recommend you read the books. I dunno how is the English translation, but they are good. Except the last 2 ones.
I liked the first tome the most, filled with short stories of younger Geralt just doing witcher stuff, no Ciri, no big politics.

And yet was the fans pick for the role, including the polish ones who know the series better than anybody

Vinnie Jones with x-men with fake muscle is close as you can get lol
latest

article-1092575-02B85F07000005DC-28_468x704.jpg

While at it

O'Dimm
maxresdefault.jpg

119-652.jpg

gaunter.jpg

f14b17f8c068776c793ca47bd9d2abf4.jpg

Dettlaff
tumblr_oivmw9d43S1vwufx5o1_540.gif

jaime.gif

thumb.php

Lorweth

18409.jpg

Ciri
ciri_2.jpg

Jessica-de-Gouw-Bio-Smartasses-Magazine-005.png

Vesemir
1370af61bdcac413cda38b1946b4b26a.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Obvious one lol
cvs1Ys153gwgxgBBUUDLShNwOyCbxUNZ-Y-u7oB3ouw.jpg
Perfect

z21505838IH,Wiedzmin.jpg
rofl

And this was Yen:
yenfilmpolski.jpg
Would fuck on a stuffed unicorn.

I can see it folding with plenty of time to spare for him to play young Robert Baratheon.

Back