Television THE WHEEL OF TIME (Premieres Nov. 19, 2021)

I enjoyed the first season, never read the books.

Eh was one of my favourite book series growing up. Treating it as a entire new story. Enjoying it honestly
This is how I started thinking about it. The show so different from the books that it may as well be something else. And different doesn't automatically mean bad. Just have to abandon expectations. I mean, there's over 2700 named characters in the books, so just the task of bringing them all to the screen would be an impossible job.

So if they're rightfully trimming fat, then who am I to judge where they should start and stop?

The show was renewed before the first season started. People complaining about game of thrones not following the book were rightly complaining about seasons 7 and 8. It was universally acclaimed before that.

Did you ever visit the Game of Thrones threads on Sherdog? It was filled with people complaining that the show didn't follow the books from the very start. This actor or that actress didn't match this character in the books. This or that scene wasn't done like it was in the books. Some posters were so upset with the show that they felt it their duty to tell everyone how it should go including spoiling things that hadn't been shown yet in the show. They were particularly upset about Catelyn Stark and the Brotherhood without Banners. It got so bad that there had to be separate threads for book readers.

Do streaming services ever release actual "ratings" though? Whenever they're talking about their shows, it's always some vague shit like "Trending high", or "Streamed more than ____", etc.

If it wasn't doing well, I doubt they'd pumping its tires so much. Looks pretty expensive, and something that would not be continued if it wasn't a pretty big success.

I don't know how streaming services make their money on these shows. Do people buy new memberships to watch them? This season only lasted 2 months. Prime video is $9/month and it would only have required 2 months membership to watch it. It could be watched with one month's membership if people wait until the end of the season to watch it all at once.

It has to be easy for Amazon to find out how many times a program has been watched but they can't tell how many people are watching it at a time. They might even be able to hear what people are saying about it through voice activated devices.

Did you ever visit the Game of Thrones threads on Sherdog? It was filled with people complaining that the show didn't follow the books from the very start. This actor or that actress didn't match this character in the books. This or that scene wasn't done like it was in the books. Some posters were so upset with the show that they felt it their duty to tell everyone how it should go including spoiling things that hadn't been shown yet in the show. They were particularly upset about Catelyn Stark and the Brotherhood without Banners. It got so bad that there had to be separate threads for book readers.
yeah but sherdoggers are fundementally shitty people

I liked it and it’s a genre I I like….so pissed we didn’t get to see the werewolf….is it just me or did the ending of f S1 seem familiar? For some reason it reminded me to f the ending of FoTR

Yea I'm at that point now where when it comes to shows\movies I don't want to hear from people who have read source material. People like that just bring in a sort of bias that is never going to give me a true view of the quality of the show\movie. There whole view of the show\movie has been tainted by what they are expecting to see instead of what they are given.

Yea I'm at that point now where when it comes to shows\movies I don't want to hear from people who have read source material. People like that just bring in a sort of bias that is never going to give me a true view of the quality of the show\movie. There whole view of the show\movie has been tainted by what they are expecting to see instead of what they are given.

That is what I have said several times. When a person reads, they create a picture in their mind and it becomes a different picture for every reader so there is no way to produce that in visual media.

I'm a bit surprised at the praise this show is getting. I had no experience or knowledge of what happens in the books/story, so I watched this with no expectations.

I think the general premise is interesting, but the storytelling and writing are just overall awful..especially when we get into character building. All of these characters are very one-dimensional..there is no nuance to them.
We have the prick, we have the silent warrior, the hardass woman, the snobby bitch, etc. After watching the whole first season, I don't care about any of these characters, nor would I say I feel like they've been fleshed out in any meaningful way. It feels like watching a SNES RPG from the 90's brought to real life.

I am also not a fan of the visuals. Everything looks TOO nice and clean. It looks more like cosplay, so I don't really ever feel like I can really get lost in the story. The action mostly makes no sense and is badly choreographed.
It's about on par with 'Beastmaster' or the old Hercules or Xena show to me....which is amazing considering how much it costs.

Last edited:
This was just not good. I don't know if it's the extremely diverse casting or the production values but the world feels too fake. The plot itself is interesting but the execution is way off.

Maybe it's salvageable but they can't keep doing what their doing.

From what I've seen, it might be 2023 before the second season airs because they are waiting until The Rings of Power is over. The last episode of season 1 will be out on October 14 so they could start Wheel of Time in November like they did last year.

So this came back for Season 2 with 3 episodes right out of the gate.

It isn't as cringe/bad as I remembered season 1 being, but it still isn't good.
Even if the writing got better, it still suffers from the fundamental problem that none of these characters are interesting. There isn't any one particularly funny, witty, charismatic, wise, or just plain cool. Forgettable faces, dialogue, and presence.
There isn't much of any chemistry between the characters.

Men look like they're just servants and second class citizens of this world. There's just no testosterone in this show. Whenever they do have action scenes, they fall flat or uneven. They'll have a rather gruesome scene, but it feels totally out of place for the soap opera drama feel that the show has.

They butchered one of my favorite series. I won't watch season 2. Hoping it gets cancelled and the writers never find work again.

So this came back for Season 2 with 3 episodes right out of the gate.

It isn't as cringe/bad as I remembered season 1 being, but it still isn't good.
Even if the writing got better, it still suffers from the fundamental problem that none of these characters are interesting. There isn't any one particularly funny, witty, charismatic, wise, or just plain cool. Forgettable faces, dialogue, and presence.
There isn't much of any chemistry between the characters.

Men look like they're just servants and second class citizens of this world. There's just no testosterone in this show. Whenever they do have action scenes, they fall flat or uneven. They'll have a rather gruesome scene, but it feels totally out of place for the soap opera drama feel that the show has.

Amazon does the three at the start of series to get viewers into the series before settling into one new episode a week.

I'm considering rewatching season one before starting season 2 since I realized that it's been close to two years since the first season.

Amazon does the three at the start of series to get viewers into the series before settling into one new episode a week.
Yep, I figured that was the reason why. Just seems uneven since the season is only 8 episodes long. They essentially release almost half the season in one day, and it took 2 years to get this season out. Seems like they would've wanted a slower burn....or...add more episodes.

I don't get it with shows these days. They put more and more money into them, but we get less and less episodes with these big shows.

How did Loial survive? I thought he was a goner after Fain stabbed him with the dagger.

Back