Television THE WHEEL OF TIME (Premieres Nov. 19, 2021)

Time to roll the dice. I hope episode 8 is better than the rest.
Also they didn’t introduce Eliyas . Kinda sad bout that

Just finished this show. Fucking best show I have seen in some time. Almost gave me the same feeling that got did when it first started-that you are about to be pulled into a crazy world.

Overall, the show reminded me more of lord of the rings than got with little pieces of willow sprinkled in for nostalgia-maybe the set pieces and empty castles, but mostly is was lord of the rings for me.

The trollops and fades were nasty as fuck and I wondered who would win a fight between an urukai from lotr vs the Trollop from wheel of time. Both are nasty, but the uru are much smarter so the edge goes thrrr for me.

I cant believe how disappointing this series has been after looking forward to it for so long..Its takes talent to fuck it up like they have..Its just sub-par in every conceivable way..special affects are crappy, the story has so many holes it just seems disjointed..Lan is a bitch :p Mat looks and behaves like a crackhead(he is supposed to be a gambling, drinking mischevous womaniser in books) the acting is pretty average as well except Rosamund. At this point I dont particularly want to see season 2.

So....is this good? I never read the books.

I like the Witcher both seasons and GOT excluding season 7 and 8, but this seems more like a kid show so not sure what I will be getting into.

I like the Witcher both seasons and GOT excluding season 7 and 8, but this seems more like a kid show so not sure what I will be getting into.

Since you haven't read the books, you would probably enjoy the show. Some who read the books don't like it because it doesn't follow the books and the actors don't meet their expectations. I hadn't read the books and I found it entertaining. It requires fairly close attention to get the details of the story.

It's good. Again book readers come in looking for an almost identical adaptation and it will never happen. You can do anything in a book with no budget. Books also take a single page just to describe a woman's ornamental necklace or gown.

In a show, we obviously grasp Details like those in a second.

I stopped comparing the two a long time ago.

It's good. Again book readers come in looking for an almost identical adaptation and it will never happen. You can do anything in a book with no budget. Books also take a single page just to describe a woman's ornamental necklace or gown.

I only read the first book many years ago, but this show is terrible. I can barely remember the book and don't care about changes, but the dialogue, costumes, plotlines and world-building are all weak. It's a low-rent Lord of the Rings, right down to plagiarizing the plotline of Fellowship of the Ring for the first episode. I dropped it hard after the 5th episode.

I rewatched the first episodes of Game of Thrones recently and the contrast was... Stark.

this was such mediocre horseshit, my god
rosamund clearly didn't want to be there
everything was plasticky and stupid
cast was so ugly i hoped they would all die in a fire
frodo eating dinner for 10 hours would make a more thrilling experience
i hope this crap doesn't get another season

rosamund clearly didn't want to be there
Kind of agree. After starring in a movie like Gone Girl I wonder why she would want to appear in an amazon TV show.

Then again maybe for the same reason Henry Cavill appeared in the Witcher. Maybe she read the series as a teen and grew up loving it.

"Almost identical" doesn't factor into it. This first season has fundamental differences from The Eye of the World.

You could rename Frodo Anakin, but the LOTR won't be a Jedi movie, whatever you say. Yeah, that's some serious hyperbole, but it seems that Perrins, Matts and Moraines characters arcs will lead to a very different story line. Not to mention Min. o_O

Having said that, being the fantasy dork that I am, I'll keep watching. The scene of Rand's birth gave me hope. Yeah, it may be TWOT V2.0, but it's less high fantasy and more gritty as well as more abbreviated than the books, so if the actors get more in their roles the series could turn into something pretty decent.

The non book readers might be liking this, but there are a lot of changes that will have long-term effects on the rest of the story. That coupled with a dearth of compelling characters, general disdain for male characters, and technical incompetence it will probably fizzle out.

general disdain for male characters, and technical incompetence it will probably fizzle out.

I won't lie. I did feel there was some demonizing of the male characters in the show. Women are all powerful. Men are lunatics.I wonder if the books are as bad.

I won't lie. I did feel there was some demonizing of the male characters in the show. Women are all powerful. Men are lunatics.

Jordan actually does demonize men in the books too... But the punchline to that is that it turns out (later books, after the White Tower, Wise Ones, and some relationships are explored) that the women just put on a good show but are about equivalently shitty in the end but tug their braids and smooth their skirts a lot while doing it. Really, it's a long story about both sexes putting up with each others' bullshit. I think he actually sums up relations between the sexes pretty well.

I'm betting this new show keeps half of this equation intact and skips the other half.

I'm betting this new show keeps half of this equation intact and skips the other half.
It seems the one relationship without a power struggle element has been trashed. Unless Moraine is bisexual. I'm curious how they'll handle all the changes brought about by all these social updates.

Back