*The way the noobs underestimate Cain after the loss*

Cain was good but he spent most of his prime on the sidelines. He's not the GOAT but he's not a bum either. 17 fights in 12 years and he hasn't faced most of the guys in the Heavyweight GOAT discussion. Look at his last 6 fights before losing to Werdum... Lesnar, JDS, Big Foot, JDS again, Big Foot Again, JDS again. Besides that his noatble wins are Travis Browne, Nogueira, Rothwell and Kongo.

Cain has 1 win in the last 5 years, all while being on the wrong side of 30 with injuries.
Something to consider.

Well, he's looked like shit since 2013... Or at least that was the last time we saw Cain at his best (JDS vs Cain 3).

The UFC also learned nothing from UFC on Fox 1 when Cain got KOed in 69secs by JDS

Not sure what was the logic of putting him in yet another first main event of a new network debut after a 2 years long layoff , many serious injuries and vs the hardest puncher in the game. It wasn't that great of a plan. I have no problem with Cain fighting on the card but putting him in the ME was risky because no one really knew how he would look after being out for so long.

Agreed. As great as Cain has been, his body is too much of a liability for the company to rely on him. I know I’m being a Monday morning quarterback over here, but if WME were looking to begin the ESPN era with a bang, they’d have scheduled the Gaethje Barboza fight for the Phoenix card. That fight is guaranteed mana for the Just Bleed God.

I still want to hold out a bit of hope for Cain. He's very popular and a likeable guy.
I would like to see him fight a 5-10 fighter next. I'm glad he thinks it was the knee torque that caused him to lose. If he was utterly smashed by Francis, he'd quit right there and all his popularity goes with it. Not good for the MMA business losing a darling like Cain so soon.
Yeah, I'd put him in a winnable HW fight next. Aleksei Oleinik or Marcin Tybura. He could win those fights.
I feel like he could also try and make LHW.

Back