The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not saying or thinking I lost the bet at this point in time, I'm saying it's not over.

I'll make it not indefinite if that is your gripe with my arguments, give it 3 months after the election in 2020 or 3 months after Donald Trump's earlier removal from office (only injecting that last part because of who the bet is against, don't want loose ends). If after that point Stone isn't at least implicated in further cases regarding Russian collusion (and other tenets of the original bet) I'll concede the bet openly. I certainly won't ask that the bet continue if the president wins re-election given we'd be waiting another 4 years. It would probably take well longer than 3 months after Trump is gone for any charges to be filed but I'd put that limit on it to be a reasonable actor in the face of an unreasonable one (@waiguoren).

I think that is fair.

By implicated, are you saying charges would be made or the cases that were no longer redacted would mentioned/involve him? If @waiguoren agrees to the extension, we can move forward with something as both participants have to agree to clear revisions of a bet in place. Otherwise, I think it needs to be determined at this point in time whether there a disagreement on who won the bet as presented which would then lead to arbitration.

@waiguoren - I am not advising you on handling this either way but coming to terms with an extension could buy you some additional respect here, whether they let you know about it or just subconsciously note it.

Last edited:
By implicated, are you saying charges would be made or the cases that were no longer redacted would mentioned/involve him? If @waiguoren agrees to the extension, we can move forward with something as both participants have to agree to clear revisions of a bet in place. Otherwise, I think it needs to be determined at this point in time whether there a disagreement on who won the bet as presented which would then lead to arbitration.

@waiguoren - I am not advising you on handling this either way but coming to terms with an extension could buy you some additional respect here, whether they let you know about it or just subconsciously note it.
Thanks.

I noted "implication" because obviously there would be no ultimate resolution to a case but if you wish to lay out terms you consider fair I'll approve.

"Additional" suggests he already has some to begin with
<BC1>

Thanks.

I noted "implication" because obviously there would be no ultimate resolution to a case but if you wish to lay out terms you consider fair I'll approve.

If Wai agrees, you two will have to come to an agreement on a revision of #3. I won’t be involved in that aside from pointing out something I think isn’t clear or situations that could mess up the bet. If that revision can’t be reached, we have to move to arbitration on settling the bet.

Are you turning down the revision with andnowweknow?
Why would I accept that nonsense? For so-called "respect" from a Fake Native American?

This guy should have conceded when Stone's indictment came out what, nine months ago. The indictment was for process crimes, not conspiracy or treason or espionage or collusion. Therefore andnowweknow already had zero chance of winning the bet.

He held out hope that the bet would be a push---the plea agreement provision in #6 was supposed to be in the case of a "collusion" charge, but I didn't make that 100% clear so whatever. I knew Stone wouldn't plea down regardless because I have studied Stone and I realized that he fully believes in his innocence, has enough resources to appeal, and is a fighter.

You are a nice guy but you shouldn't be too nice. You have to call balls and strikes. Even the clown brigade is implying that I am the winner and are blaming me for "unfair terms" or whatever.

@andnowweknow
Wai declined revision talks which leaves the bet as is. I have to move forward with a ruling now. Since the current trial doesn’t appear to meet the criteria within section 6, I’m putting this in wai’s favor. I originally thought to elect other moderators for a decision on making the call but I don’t believe either of you are disputing that this trial itself fell under the criteria that could’ve given you the win. I don’t believe I’ve had to call any bet until now and will place some blame on myself for not getting the bet clear enough by the time it was finalized for you both to agree when it’s called. That’s my goal when finalizing all bets to make sure the posters get a fair shake and try to get to the key point they are in disagreement on.

#31. @waiguoren v. @andnowweknow
1. Roger Stone will be indicted and convicted on at least one charge brought by Robert Mueller's team for Trump/Russia coordination/collusion/conspiracy.
2. andnowweknow- for, waiguoren- against
3. At the conclusion of Stone's trial, if it happens. If not, at the end of the Mueller investigation.
4. Sig bet
5. 10 months
6. The conviction needs to be for coordination/collusion/conspiracy between Trump/Russia. For example: treason, conspiracy to defraud the USA, or conspiracy to commit an offense against the USA by coordinating with the Russian state would all give the win to andnowweknow. Tax fraud as in the Manafort case would not count. Perjury would not count. If Stone signs a plea agreement for any reason, the bet is a push.
Winner: waiguoren

We have settled 10 bets in v3. A new thread will be put up shortly with updated rankings, etc.

You did the right thing, Mr. Lead. Your father taught you well.

Why would I accept that nonsense? For so-called "respect" from a Fake Native American?

This guy should have conceded when Stone's indictment came out what, nine months ago. The indictment was for process crimes, not conspiracy or treason or espionage or collusion. Therefore andnowweknow already had zero chance of winning the bet.

He held out hope that the bet would be a push---the plea agreement provision in #6 was supposed to be in the case of a "collusion" charge, but I didn't make that 100% clear so whatever. I knew Stone wouldn't plea down regardless because I have studied Stone and I realized that he fully believes in his innocence, has enough resources to appeal, and is a fighter.

You are a nice guy but you shouldn't be too nice. You have to call balls and strikes. Even the clown brigade is implying that I am the winner and are blaming me for "unfair terms" or whatever.
"I am the winner"...lol. Atta boy. Lead didn't have to do anything, he gave you an opportunity to not be a completely disingenuous poster.

I'll have to deliberate a bit on these results.

Sounds great. I'll have your new signature ready within the next week. Wear it well.
wMK1OAO.gif

This guy should have conceded when Stone's indictment came out what, nine months ago. The indictment was for process crimes, not conspiracy or treason or espionage or collusion.

The "process crimes" were about covering up collusion, though. And Republicans scoffing at witness intimidation, perjury, and obstruction of justice shows what you guys think about rule of law.

Status
Not open for further replies.