The vast majority of Sherdog is WRONG about Nate vs Conor part 2

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The general consensus (from RATIONAL posters, as I'm leaving out the guys who are literally "yes homo" for Conor) is that Nate is going to perform even better in large part due to a full camp...

A lot of you guys think that Nate is not going to get knocked out because he already felt what Conor has to offer due to an array of brutal punches.

A lot of you think that Conor is going to gas, and in light of the fact that Nate is a cardio machine...Conor is going to wilt sooner than later...

A lot of you point to the fact that Conor was "rattled and saddled" (so to speak) with the quickness...so naturally he's bound to give up when the going gets tough...

A lot of you point to the fact that Nate is in Conor's head...and once someone like Conor loses their edge...they can never really get it back.

Well...

I'm here to say that the betting odds (in which Nate is a slight underdog) are NOT way off base no matter what most of you guys think.

Please note: I recognize that Conor is pretty much...EVERYTHING that's wrong with the UFC...whereas Nate is chill and certainly NOT mired in stupid fucking peacock antics at every fucking turn.

On that note, it's quite telling (for example) that Conor was crying about Nate wearing a black shirt all the time... I mean...c'mon now. They're going into a rematch...not the prom.

Anyway, although Conor is ultra-insufferable and I would LOVE to see Nate do WORK in the rematch...Conor knows that Nate is totally apt to stand and bang it out...

...whereas, if I was training him...I would avoid a WAR like the fucking plague...as this IS Nate's fight to lose.

It is.

...because if Nate were to jump-guard ASAP, (for example) that may actually be a wise course of action (relative to trading until someone falls) against a one-dimensional fighter who also happens to be small.

Yes, that would be a bit extreme, but if Nate had a GET SHIT TO THE FUCKING GROUND gameplan and he was unable to force the issue, (as Nate doesn't have a power base, etc) then a jump-guard may be smart against wittle Connie.

Anyway, expect a WAR.

It will be fun...but slow-twitch Nate is going to be in trouble on many fronts...unless he lands something big enough to change the course of action before he's down by too many rounds.

Last edited:
tldr1.gif

This is a bad fight for Conor. He needs the perfect game plan to win and even then, he probably won't.

What in the actual fuсk are you talking about?

It was not a 'brutal first round'

The first round was a straight forward 10-9 for Conor and Nate landed a nice body jab, the check hook and a knee in the clinch. Conor whiffed big punches into air. Anyone who doesn't recognize the first round was reasonably close isn't competent to score MMA.

Idk man, Nate is a hard dude to finish. Conor is a master of mind games and its clear that its not working on Diaz, and thats one of his biggest tools. Conor will need to have his cardio absolutely on point and really mix up his attack if he wants a chance

I find it crazy he is the favorite here

The general consensus (from RATIONAL posters, as I'm leaving out the guys who are literally "yes homo" for Conor) is that Nate is going to perform even better in large part due to a full camp...

A lot of you guys think that Nate is not going to get knocked out because he already felt what Conor has to offer in that brutal first round...

A lot of you think that Conor is going to gas, and in light of the fact that Nate is a cardio machine...Conor is going to wilt sooner than later...

A lot of you point to the fact that Conor was "rattled and saddled" (so to speak) with the quickness...so naturally he's bound to give up when the going gets tough...

A lot of you point to the fact that Nate is in Conor's head...and once someone like Conor loses their edge...they can never really get it back.

Well...

I'm here to say that the betting odds (in which Nate is a slight underdog) are NOT way off base no matter what most of you guys think.

Please note: I recognize that Conor is pretty much...EVERYTHING that's wrong with the UFC...whereas Nate is chill and certainly NOT mired in stupid fucking peacock antics at every fucking turn.

On that note, it's quite telling (for example) that Conor was crying about Nate wearing a black shirt all the time... I mean...c'mon now. They're going into a rematch...not the prom.

Anyway, although Conor is ultra-insufferable and I would LOVE to see Nate do WORK in the rematch...Conor knows that Nate is totally apt to stand and bang it out...

...whereas, if I was training him...I would avoid a WAR like the fucking plague...as this IS Nate's fight to lose.

It is.

...because if Nate were to jump-guard ASAP, (for example) that may actually be a wise course of action (relative to trading until someone falls) against a one-dimensional fighter who also happens to be small.

Yes, that would be a bit extreme, but if Nate had a GET SHIT TO THE FUCKING GROUND gameplan and he was unable to force the issue, (as Nate doesn't have a power base, etc) then a jump-guard may be smart against wittle Connie.

Anyway, expect a WAR.

It will be fun...but slow-twitch Nate is going to be in trouble on many fronts...unless he lands something big enough to change the course of action before he's down by too many rounds.
giphy.gif

Idk man, Nate is a hard dude to finish. Conor is a master of mind games and its clear that its not working on Diaz, and thats one of his biggest tools. Conor will need to have his cardio absolutely on point and really mix up his attack if he wants a chance

I find it crazy he is the favorite here

Well, I am a betting man, and there is (generally) $$$ to be had via boxing and MMA gambling, but...this fight...I'm not touching it.

As I've said before, the MOST I'm willing to bet is $1,000 including potential props...which is not really "gambling" per se, as I can afford to lose it.

A lot of you guys think that Nate is not going to get knocked out because he already felt what Conor has to offer in that brutal first round...

Well...

It is.

Anyway, expect a WAR.

My mind is a clusterfuck right now. Not sure what to think. Are you a Connor hater? Nate hater? Sherdog hater? Or one of those rare level-headed no bias guys??

Im confused. In the great words of Tank Abbot, I need a vodka with a splash of cran..

@MonkeyGirl this guy thinks I'm a homosexual because I feel Conor will make the proper adjustments & win the fight even though Nate has a full camp.

I've never looked at a man & thought "damn...."

Do you think he's right? or am I really a homosexual that doesn't want to have sex with men? I'm so confused.

ren n stimpy.jpg

It was not a 'brutal first round'

The first round was a straight forward 10-9 for Conor and Nate landed a nice body jab, the check hook and a knee in the clinch. Conor whiffed big punches into air. Anyone who doesn't recognize the first round was reasonably close isn't competent to score MMA.

You're right. I changed the post accordingly.

@MonkeyGirl this guy thinks I'm a homosexual because I feel Conor will make the proper adjustments & win the fight even though Nate has a full camp.

I've never looked at a man & thought "damn...."

Do you think he's right? or am I really a homosexual that doesn't want to have sex with men? I'm so confused.

View attachment 128483

If you're "so confused", then...hmm. :p

Well, I am a betting man, and there is (generally) $$$ to be had via boxing and MMA gambling, but...this fight...I'm not touching it.

As I've said before, the MOST I'm willing to bet is $1,000 including potential props...which is not really "gambling" per se, as I can afford to lose it.
What are the odds of the fight ending by finish? I think that would be a good place to start. I was doing well beting on MMA until I started playing those stupid ass card games.

I agree though, this figh could easily go either way and I wouldnt be surprised at all

A lot of you guys think that Nate is not going to get knocked out because he already felt what Conor has to offer due to an array of brutal punches.

Well...

It is.

Anyway, expect a WAR.

PlumpAnimatedArchaeocete.gif

My mind is a clusterfuck right now. Not sure what to think. Are you a Connor hater? Nate hater? Sherdog hater? Or one of those rare level-headed no bias guys??

Im confused. In the great words of Tank Abbot, I need a vodka with a splash of cran..

I was merely looking at this fight from a betting standpoint, in which it behooves one to analyze objectively if possible.

But yes, I want Nate to destroy Conor once again from a fan standpoint.

Back