The Underrated Impact of Kimbo and the way he will always be GOAT

Mind Mine

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I will keep it short and sweet because it is a bittersweet topic. Kimbo accomplished more outside of mma in bringing attention towards mma and how he might fair than any human EVER and there will never be another. There aren’t any mma fighters that can shift general public focus to mma as Kimbo did. Perhaps you can claim Mcgregor but that’s about it. By creating the great debate of how would this streetfighter do against pros, millions if not billions of dollars were made. Kimbo Slice is a household name today. MMA fans put their every bit of energy in trying to invalidate Kimbo as a fraud. They never got their wish. What they got was an old fighter who was far to old to become elite . He had many holes in his mma. At the end of it all he was still Kimbo Slice MMA FIGHTER. LEGEND.

The greatest force outside of mma that brought the world’s attention to mma. Kimbo is GOAT in that regard. If I’m wrong name anyone outside of mma that had a greater impact on mma viewership? I’ll wait.

Got to give Kimbo credit that he actually got in the cage. He could’ve stayed out and kept his ‘Paul Bunyan’ status as a street fighter. But, Oye..that’s about as good as it got for him. What was the fighter with pink hair that beat him? Ugh, got to go look it up. It was an Italian name, I think.

yep, Seth Petruzelli

IMG_0798.jpeg

Reactions: mkt
Got to give Kimbo credit that he actually got in the cage. He could’ve stayed out and kept his ‘Paul Bunyan’ status as a street fighter. But, Oye..that’s about as good as it got for him. What was the fighter with pink hair that beat him? Ugh, got to go look it up. It was an Italian name, I think.
Fighters lose fighters win. Kimbo’s defeat was no more humiliating than Fedor getting face down ass upped by Hendo. It doesn’t define his impact

Fighters lose fighters win. Kimbo’s defeat was no more humiliating than Fedor getting face down ass upped by Hendo. It doesn’t define his impact

but it was so short lived right? Felt like a year, he was super popular

Brock Lesnar?
I will say this. Brock just cane to mma and people started talking. Yes that brought attention. Kimbo had the world talking long before coming to mma and wasn’t famous. That’s the difference but Brock is excellent company

Last edited:
but it was so short lived right? Felt like a year, he was super popular
Impact isnt measured in time. If this is the case Jim Miller’s name would be household. Brock’s reign and time of popularity was a second in retrospect. We pick and choose who we want to say we had fond memories of but we can’t pick and choose someone’s impact as that’s undeniable

Kimbo brought actual fight fans, Brock and Conor brought in WWE press conference noobs

Who was the guy with the massive cauliflower ear that Kimbo exploded? God that was horrific

I will keep it short and sweet because it is a bittersweet topic. Kimbo accomplished more outside of mma in bringing attention towards mma and how he might fair than any human EVER and there will never be another. There aren’t any mma fighters that can shift general public focus to mma as Kimbo did. Perhaps you can claim Mcgregor but that’s about it. By creating the great debate of how would this streetfighter do against pros, millions if not billions of dollars were made. Kimbo Slice is a household name today. MMA fans put their every bit of energy in trying to invalidate Kimbo as a fraud. They never got their wish. What they got was an old fighter who was far to old to become elite . He had many holes in his mma. At the end of it all he was still Kimbo Slice MMA FIGHTER. LEGEND.

The greatest force outside of mma that brought the world’s attention to mma. Kimbo is GOAT in that regard. If I’m wrong name anyone outside of mma that had a greater impact on mma viewership? I’ll wait.

Am so sick of the over usage of the word, GOAT.

It really is okay just to say, "Influential," or "Underrated," or "Great for his time."

Every single human being that ever laced on a pair of gloves, and did a few things that mattered, isn't "the GOAT."

FFS ...

Last edited:
Back