The ultimate solution to MMA's steroid problem

The UFC just hired the company who "drug tests" the NFL ...the same NFL you said doesnt drug test...

That said that company clearly isnt working

bbdb8d346baa495bc9188efd45b84140.jpg

Way to go UFC ... What a step backwards for MMA

YEEEEEEEEAAAAHH!

This is the first decision that Dana has made that isnt utter bs. You've gotta belive that fighters will appreciate this.

Also the UFC just hired the company who "drug tests" the NFL ...the same NFL you said doesnt drug test...

That said that company clearly isnt working

bbdb8d346baa495bc9188efd45b84140.jpg

Way to go UFC ... What a step backwards for MMA
That pic is LaRon Landry. He is banned from the NFL for PED use.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAHH!

This is the first decision that Dana has made that isnt utter bs. You've gotta belive that fighters will appreciate this.

As a martial artist myself ...no i dont appreciate this lol...and many fighters will feel the same..

Only those who were partaking in the juice will be rejoicing and weve already seen Jones asking for his DQ to be overturned...lmfao

Morally piss poor decision

The ultimate solution would be to have no drug testing at all. There would be no failed tests, and therefore no doping problems. Simple.

I think that more and more people realize that steroid use is endemic in all sports. The UFC is just late to the party.

As far as I'm aware, the UFC has been the only sporting organization to perform any drug testing. Neither the NFL nor the NBA have any drug testing whatsoever and I don't think the NHL tests for drugs either (from what I've heard of NHLers from freinds of mine, even a scheduled piss test would suspend two thirds of the league for cocaine use).

Recently, the documentary Icarus revealed that the Olympics has never really tested anyone for steroid use. Boxing and Kickboxing don't test anyone for anything either - why should the UFC?

The point of any competition is to win. Testing athletes for steroids is no different than testing hedge fund managers for meth or strippers for silicone. It's a counterintuitive argument.

wrong. - a lot of these, ‘fuck testing’ threads are all driven with the immediate need. But the reality is, the best are often the best, with or without drugs…AND, the reality is that life moves on. So some guy who competes at a high level but doesn’t get to the pinnacle..what does his future look like? Drug testing is good, it prevents guys from hurting themselves, and making mid level fighters think they can beat the best of the best, if they take enough drugs. It happens in other sports. The assholes with no frame of reference, will continue to argue otherwise.

and yes, I’m calling you an asshole.

Contact the ACs, then.

You do understand this is not a UFC rule. It’s not even an USADA rule.

Mayra Bueno Silver just got nailed by the NSAC. And she’s not the only one.

How do people actually make threads like this? You just admitted you know nothing about mma. And the rules can be different from State to State.

weird to appreciate your contribution, but thanks. You are an odd duck, temple dog

As far as I'm aware, the UFC has been the only sporting organization to perform any drug testing. .
. You are so completely out of touch with reality that you shouldn’t have an opinion.

I think it eliminates the constant PED discussions here and makes the results of the fights more clear. No more BS "well his wins don't count because he was on steroids for all his fights". Also we can start seeing real monsters and uber powerful guys. It will make UFC better. Only downside is it's hard to sell rights to ESPN if UFC isn't viewed as "legit".

While this is fun to speculate, unregulated and mismanaged PED use is going to lead to professional wrestling level death tolls.

Especially exogenous testosterone and its counterparts (DECA, tren, clen, etc.) as well as EPO. EPO is a one way street to a stroke/heart attack when you don't "need" it and you aren't bicycling for 500 miles a week.

Vet ni alla, förstockade dårar, att ni ska dö- -i dag eller i morgon eller nästa dag, därför att ni alla är dömda?! Hör ni vad jag säger? Hör ni ORDET!

Dömda! Dömda! Dömda!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Back