The Ultimate Prediction Thread - Join if you Dare

Belfort > Bisping

Considering how catastrophically underwhelming Bisping has been looking against less than stellar opponents I simply can't go against Vitor. Bisping will look to drag it into the deeper rounds and have belfort gas i just simply don't see him succeed at all. he will be blitzed in round 1, hurt and finished.

Dodson > Mighty Mouse
admitted, this is heart > mind thing for me, but god dammit if i wouldn't love for dodson to win. He got a bit of a bad rap for snitching during TUF but fact of the matter is the dude is a god damn fireball in the ring. he's crazy explosive, probably the most athletic fighter at 125, great hands and striking and i think he has a legit shot at beating the admittedly much more well-rounded Mighty Mouse. that's not to say that mighty mouse isn't a legit athlete in his own right but i do feel that Dodson does have decisive edge over him in that apartment.

Pettis > Cerrone

Man this fight is going to be awesome!! To incredible strikers with great submissions of their backs as well going at it for a potential title shot further down the road. The main difference between the two as for striking goes i feel lies in Cerrones power and Pettis's speed. I think Cerrone is a bit more willing to stand and bang and he will look to engage and push the action a lot more early in the fight, whereas Pettis will be content with probably sitting back a little more and biding his time until he finds his moment. here's the thing: Pettis is a big game player. He loves the big stage and he usually delivers when he's there. I see him pulling out a victory with a finish standing or simply picking Cerrone apart with more technical striking over 3 rounds.

Aldo >>>>> Edgar

This one i have never understood why people made such a fuzz about. It spells clear Aldo domination to me TBH. Frankie has spent his entire career living on being fast and more technical than his opponents. He has great footwork very strong TD's. He has, however, been very susceptible to getting caught in fights by strikers and had to rely on his ability to recover and cardio.

Aldo is known as an incredibly fast and precise striker who is great at controlling the distance and having incredible timing. This is the first time in Frankie's career where he faces an opponent who is actually faster than him, and coincidentally Aldo also has the best Takedown Defense in the UFC. Frankie is going to be facing so many new problems against Aldo while i don't feel like Aldo is going to encounter anything new in Edgar.

As far as the Hominick fight, it has already stated on numerous occasions that Aldo was sick, coming of an injury and had a horrible weight cut, and he still won 4 out of 5 rounds. Same goes for Florian. People play that fight up to be some razor sharp decision yet in reality Aldo absolutely dominated Florian for the majority of the fight, staggered him several times and mounted him.

This is such a horrifically bad match-up for Edgar I simply don't see how anyone can have him as a favorite. what is he going to do? hold Aldo down? Florian who is way bigger and a black belt in BJJ got his ass scrambled and up getting mounted. Aldo via a crippling 5 round beatdown or 4th round stoppage.

totally agree about aldo/edgar. i have no idea why so many people are on the fence about this one or even going with edgar.

Overeem will destroy Bigfoot Silva, JDS will topple Cain in the trilogy fight, and we get to see the HW fight we've been waiting for: JDS against Overeem.

Dan Henderson wins the LHW strap after decisioning Machida.

No real change in the MW division, unless Weidman gets a shot.

GSP beats Diaz in what is considered the FOTY.

Pettis finishes Cerrone, then goes on to finish Benson and is crowned the new LW champ.

Aldo beats Edgar by split decision.

Cruz returns and beats the hell out of Barao.

Mighty Mouse loses his belt in a rematch to Joe-B Wan.

Thread was bit of a flop, but oh well.

I think people are going to genuinely surprised at how close the Edgar Aldo fight is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back