The UFC was trying to build Brazilian stars and it blew up in their faces

If anything they've been giving brazilian guys all they can handle in the Brazil cards.

Anyone who doesn't think they've been trying to build Erick Silva into the Brazilian GSP must have been living in a cave these past years. They've been feeding Erick Silva a steady diet of people they think he can beat. Charlie Brennamen, Jason High, Carlo Prator (technically he's a Brazilian too I guess, but still). They thought he would beat Jon Fitch too. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

No, it isn't. Maybe yours isn't as well, because I said it perfectly.

You're just a hater for no reason.

"OMG I hate Zuffa but I still watch them".

I don't hate Zuffa, I just think it's funny when a monkey wrench gets thrown in the works.

There's just something hilarious about the announcers hyping a fighter during the fight "oh wow, even Erick Silva's misses are exciting, he's a special athlete, Erick Silva is the best thing ever!" and then *POW* Silva gets knocked out.

Anik and Florian were hyping the shit out of Erik Silva. Man do those guys suck. Cut those two next if your gonna cut more people from the UFC.

And Jon Fitch was #2 Welterweight in the world before Maia dominated him. Also can you give me more info on Shields being a replacement, I know that Maia was supposed to fight Koscheck back in August, but as far as I know the Shields vs Maia fight had been scheduled for a long time. Anyway, Shields is a top MW of all time, but he's also getting old and past his prime, no one would say he's a top 10 middleweight now, this isn't the stone age.

I'd bet money on Shields in a fight against Weidman if it happened next week.

there were alot of fights on the card, and alot of brizilians were really impressive...so i dont think much blew up in the ufcs face

Actually, Palhares was sort of a gimme fight for Pierce so he could get cut, wich happened, but not in the way they wanted to.

so a fighter who is

10 times the striker
10 times the wrestler
20 pounds heavier
with good jits

is going to lose to shields...... fuck off.

so a fighter who is

10 times the striker
10 times the wrestler
20 pounds heavier

is going to lose to shields...... fuck off.

Yes, Hendo did lose to Shields.

EDIT: fuck off.

Last edited:
In his last 11 fights Maia has one submission victory. Do you really believe what you are saying?

WTF? It is pretty fucking clear that Maia was going to get a title shot if he won. He's been impressive his whole career. At WW he was destroying people. He even out-Fitched Fitch.

LMAOOOOO!!!!

And I thought BJ would beat GSP in their rematch and that he had a good chance against Nick Diaz. But wow. Just wow. If that happened, damn, I wouldn't know what to say.

That would be a bigger upset IMO than Serra vs GSP.

And let's be honest. Hendo is only as great as he is because of his chin. He ate the best Shogun had to offer, Rampage had to offer, and only got momentarily rocked by some nasty blows from Anderson and Fedor. His chin is legendary. But even he would get demolished by Weidman and not in the dry humping way of sheilds. Weidman is a fucking monster. Sheilds would have such a small chance...

LMAOOOOO!!!!

And I thought BJ would beat GSP in their rematch and that he had a good chance against Nick Diaz. But wow. Just wow. If that happened, damn, I wouldn't know what to say.

That would be a bigger upset IMO than Serra vs GSP.

And let's be honest. Hendo is only as great as he is because of his chin. He ate the best Shogun had to offer, Rampage had to offer, and only got momentarily rocked by some nasty blows from Anderson and Fedor. His chin is legendary. But even he would get demolished by Weidman and not in the dry humping way of sheilds. Weidman is a fucking monster. Sheilds would have such a small chance...

GTFO. Bigger upset than Serra over GSP? You're fucking high. Shields was a champion in 3 different orgs, just not the UFC, and if you buy what Kimble is selling, the #3 WW of all time. I "think" Shields is a better grappler than Weidman, and I don't think Weidman's striking is as good as people are pretending it is. He's got good fundaments, but his attack is very basic. I think Shields grapples him to a decision or late submission win.

Mind you, I don't think Shields would get enough wins at MW to earn a title shot, but I think Weidman is a good match up for Shields. Aside fromn 30 seconds in round 4 of the Mayhem fight, when has Shields ever been outgrappled in an MMA fight?

EDIT: LMAOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:
Maldonado called out Chael . Maybe he's next ?

Back