The UFC should stop feeding easy opponents to Rousey. It's getting ridiculous

That's the point...the UFC can help it so make the match.

If you were the UFC why would you make the match on Cyborg's terms though?

Sure, they could pay big money to both Ronda and Cyborg to fight at 140 or 145. But what for?

Cyborg wins, even at 145, and now Ronda is no longer invincible. The aura is broken, weight class explanations or not. You can't unring that bell. So now they have a tarnished champion and some 145 pound superbeast that stole her thunder, and the UFC doesn't even have that weight class.

It would just be stupid business.

Let's not gild the lily here. Cyborg is the ONLY other relevant women's mma fighter. The ONLY one. If ufc doesn't make this fight happen then I lose all interest in women's mma. I was rooting hard for Jessica eye to win against tate because let's be honest with ourselves. Who really wants to see rousey vs tate again? It's not a rubber match it's tito/shamrock 3. I tire of all the finger pointing and talk. Make the fight happen.

A convincing win by JoJed against Gadelha and the catchweigh 'superfight' at 125 is more UFC friendly.....Rousey may struggle getting down to that though.

Seriously, the UFC should stop feeding easy opponents to Rousey. Anyone who has been watching MMA for at least a year or two knows very well that the recent opponents fed to Rousey, such as Bethe, had no chance in hell.

What's worse is that the UFC has plans to rematch her with Miesha Tate, for the third time, someone she has already beaten convincingly...

Meanwhile, fans have been asking for THE WMMA super fight: Cyborg vs. Rousey, but the UFC have been avoiding to make this fight at 140lb catch-weight like the plague by forcing Cyborg to cut to 135, knowing she won't be able to without seriously hurting her performance.

Cyborg is the champ at 145lb.
Rousey is the champ at 135lb.

Let's do a 140lb catch-weight super fight.

Cyborg-vs-Ronda.png

Cyborg had plenty of time to lose 10lbs while serving her year long suspension for using steroids this last time... Notice i didnt refer to the time before,, yea im pretty slick aint I??

Cyborg had plenty of time to lose 10lbs while serving her year long suspension for using steroids this last time... Notice i didnt refer to the time before,, yea im pretty slick aint I??

Cyborg dropped 15lbs. she then put it back on in Invicta while claiming she was trying to lose weight.

From a business perspective they should keep doing what they are doing

Let's not gild the lily here. Cyborg is the ONLY other relevant women's mma fighter. The ONLY one. If ufc doesn't make this fight happen then I lose all interest in women's mma. I was rooting hard for Jessica eye to win against tate because let's be honest with ourselves. Who really wants to see rousey vs tate again? It's not a rubber match it's tito/shamrock 3. I tire of all the finger pointing and talk. Make the fight happen.

The only way the fight is going to happen is if Cyborg makes weight

At this point ufc should consider bringing some women in from the wwe to bolster women's mma ranks. Sure they won't beat rousey, probably, but at least it would make for some more interesting matches

Cyborg
Cyborg
Cyborg
Cyborg
Cyborg
Cyborg

These have to be the most redundant and tiresome threads on any forum ever.

the UFC can help it if the quality isn't there....and you can make a case for Cyborg ducking Ronda just as much you can make it the other way around.

fuck catchweight.

Rhonda brags about being able to beat Cain.

If she can beat a 240 pound man then what is hold up with a 140 pounder (a mere 5 pound difference?)

Both sides need to quit playing games and make this happen

Last edited:
It does make ronda seem petty to stickle over a few pounds when she's been known to talk shit about how she would have beaten up ray rice in the elevator blah blah blah yackety yack. If she were so insanely confident youd think she'd jump at the chance to fight cyborg. I mean steroids don't help your technique at all.

Woman MMA is marginal and young sport. This is the roster. No other opponents, no better opponents. You know: You're a one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.

It does make ronda seem petty to stickle over a few pounds when she's been known to talk shit about how she would have beaten up ray rice in the elevator blah blah blah yackety yack. If she were so insanely confident youd think she'd jump at the chance to fight cyborg. I mean steroids don't help your technique at all.

UFC are the main obstacle to a catch weight fight, not Ronda. And rightfully so as it's a completely unnecessary risk to take to please a handful of idiots on here.

EVERY single dominant champ is accused of fighting scrubs. The truth is that they aren't fighting scrubs it's just that they are dominant and so much better than everyone else.

I think these types of threads miss the point. WMMA is inherently flawed and marked by a complete lack of talent/athleticism/anything. Even if the Cyborg fight happened and Rousey won, I'd say it's the ONLY decent win in her entire career.

Back