News The UFC Releases Cat Zingano

what a weird career

finished Pennington, Miesha, and Nunes, then loses to Ronda in 14 seconds and is banished forever to the land of wind and ghosts

She’s 1-4 in her last 5 and currently competing in a dead division, not surprising. This is likely marking the end of women’s 145.

8XfKNpa.gif

Too bad. I have always liked Cat. She was never the same after the Rousey fight. She had to deal with multiple injuries and husband's suicide. Hopefully she can put together a good run outside UFC and get a call back up in a year or two.

Well, that's just, like, the UFC, man ...

big-lebowski-quotes-your-opinion-man-1000x563.jpg

She won the fight versus Amanda Nunes, but Amanda Nunes damaged her for life, and arguably ruined her fighting future. This is why fights should never be scored on points. They should be to the finish or be called inconclusive.

Why? Because even when one fighter gets the finish, we don't really know who did the most significant damage. Life is not going to say "I will give you a break, and ignore the damage accumulated inside the Octagon. So, here you go, be healthy and carry one." Whatever damage a fighter accumulates inside the Octagon will be counted against it outside the Octagon.

I can think of a dozen fighters in the UFC I'd like to see her fight, but, regardless of the reasons, I imagine she was hard to deal with for the company. I know of her hardships, but I also know she fought 3 times in 27 years while maintaining a decent rank. Without giving it much thought, I understand this one.

Why do people act surprised though. She has one win over the last 4,5 years.

I always liked her; seemed to be down to Earth, had a good spirit. Rallied to beat Amanda after getting mauled; after her husband's suicide, no less. First mother in the UFC.

She got my respect.

Didn’t she suffer a brain injury vs Nunes? I’d want out of that business too if that’s the case

Ehh....she didn’t deserve to go based on some female fighters still on the roster but whatever she fights like once every 2 years

Very entitled also never once called out Holly Holm but once Miesha & Amanda we’re champs she was clowning on them for not calling her and and not wanting to fight her lol. And she kept claiming that she was asking for the Cyborg fight then they offered it to her for UFC 214 and she declined....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back