News The UFC Releases Cat Zingano

She won the fight versus Amanda Nunes, but Amanda Nunes damaged her for life, and arguably ruined her fighting future. This is why fights should never be scored on points. They should be to the finish or be called inconclusive.

Why? Because even when one fighter gets the finish, we don't really know who did the most significant damage. Life is not going to say "I will give you a break, and ignore the damage accumulated inside the Octagon. So, here you go, be healthy and carry one." Whatever damage a fighter accumulates inside the Octagon will be counted against it outside the Octagon.

.......... Wut?

shitty...but she will almost certainly and quickly get picked up by one of the other orgs, if she wants.

This is a weird one.

yeah that is very strange, they have kept someone like Jessica eye on for longer with multiple losses, heck even Angela Magana who wasnt even a top contender was kept on UFC roster with so many losses before they finally let her go.

Im thinking maybe Cat has been rejecting fights?

I hope she signs with One FC or Bellator.

Yea they were probably just frustrated with her lack of activity. Probably constantly turning down fights

Well, she had one of the worst title match performances in history, recent win/loss record is whack, spends more time thot-ing on Instagram than training, spends more time jiggling her boobs than prepping in the cage, and seems to have brain damage at times. Throw in being old and it isn't rocket science. She probably wanted double what she was worth and a title shot.

At least she can ruin her legacy for a few bucks in Asian orgs.

i have a feeling she's good with it and may have 'wanted' out - eager to hear her input. no idea of her contract/fights left, though. ufc prob should focus on atomweight instead of featherweight for women.

They probably want her to stop calling out Amanda Nunes and reminding the fans that the "baddest women on the planet" lost to a girl that is 1-4 in her last 5 lol
Zingano was undefeated at the time she beat Nunes.

I see what you did there though! You seem like a Nunes hater?!

It’s ironic really
Her win over Amanda really impressed me and it feels like it was yesterday

Mad how things went immediately after that fight for both fighters

Bummer. Cat sexy AF and provides enjoyable wmma fights.

That explains why she was doing advertising for pillows or something recently. Still 100% would, she looks pretty good in certain pictures.

Weird, her last loss should’ve gotten her one more shot, I mean it’s not like it’s a stacked division and they don’t have room for her

Plus it’s been 8 months since that fight, they’re releasing her 8 months after her loss ? Shady ass bullshit as always from the UFC

Makes sense. She's past-prime, can't fight more than once a year due to health issues (that Amanda caused), and has a difficult cut to 135 which makes the infrequent fighting even harder,

Makes zero sense to let her go unless she wanted out. There's maybe a total of 5 female fighters on the roster, right? Why shed more?

I think she should've retired a few fights back, though. I will always love Cat but she did not look good her past few fights and I do not want to see her take on more damage.

Back