The UFC needs to bring Knees on the ground back

IpJs8O.gif

<36>

Well generally I agree with your point.

Any fight-ending technique should be allowed. If an opponent can't defend against it then the fight ends.

Right now the rules change the way you fight and defend yourself from how you would if they weren't in place. That isn't really what this sport is about. It's about seeing who's the best at 1v1 unarmed combat in a confined area. Setting rules in place that artificially extend the fight ARGUABLY exposes the fighter to more damage than they would have seen eating that fight-ending knee on the ground (or god forbid a 12-6 elbow, those deadly ass things).

That all said, strikes to the back of the head can kill or paralyze a man so they are rightly banned... but fighters even abuse that by tucking their head so it is the only place their opponent can strike... Its tough to draw a line. They drew it in a weird spot but the rules arent THAT bad.
maybe if you turtle and just leave the back of your head exposed that should be a sign of submission and the fight stopped........might be tough to enforce but agree it shouldn't be a defensive loophole. like the grounded opponent rule was exploited (and still is).

Dana white is too much of a politician now to let that happen

It's silly to me why it isn't allowed. Jorge running across the cage and jump kneeing someone leaning forward is far more dangerous.

This rule change could legit turn the majority of the boring fighters into exciting monsters! Perfect example, the monster, Kevin Randleman.

Bring knees on the ground back
Talk to the commissions. It was the athletic commissions that did away with them thanks to Gan McGee blasting Brad Gabriel in the head with knees while he was on the ground in the first sanctioned MMA event in NJ way back when at IFC in 2000.

ganknee.jpg

Once then NJSAC Chairman Larry Hazzard banned knees to the head on the ground in the Unified Rules of MMA, almost all other commissions followed suit.

Knees on the ground
Headbutts
Stomps
And soccer kicks

Would all make Khabib the most DEADLY cage fighter in the World !!!

So fuck yes make them legal b*tches :D

Knees to the head of a ground opponent wouldn't amplify CTE in MMA anymore than anything else than happens in the sport.
It would... The knee is big and the leg is even bigger... The muscles are more powerfull and gravity is a bitch. a punch on a downed oponent is nothing compared to a knee to a downed oponent. MMA fans being warrior when they do not have to fight... Step into a ring / cage and then you could talk... It's easy being a soldier when it ain't no war

It would... The knee is big and the leg is even bigger... The muscles are more powerfull and gravity is a bitch. a punch on a downed oponent is nothing compared to a knee to a downed oponent. MMA fans being warrior when they do not have to fight... Step into a ring / cage and then you could talk... It's easy being a soldier when it ain't no war
Just look at all of the brutal injuries and even deaths from all the fights that have allowed knees to the head of a downed opponent! Oh the humanity! So much more vicious than other strikes! Oh myyyyy!

its about as goofy as banning 12-6 elbows which you probably think would be shattering skulls left and right if they were legal

That would be fantastic....isn’t gonna happen ...but that would be fantastic

Definitely not enough knees on the ground lately... been telling my wife the same thing.

There is absolutely no way knees to downed opponents will be sanctioned by athletic commissions.

Its not a knee strike when you're in side mount or north south that's the big risk. Its the guy getting up from a scramble or having failed a takedown shot eating a knee to the temple or neck that's the danger. Could lead to a serious injury

I agree. although Im a khabib fan I think the rules favor grapplers too much.

{<huh} last fights? what are you talking about? so do you want to ban all knees to the head or what?
no dummy, I don't want to see knees to the head on the grounded opponent (a la Pride style). I don't want to see fighter's last fight due to sustained injury to the head from a fucken knee.

no dummy, I don't want to see knees to the head on the grounded opponent (a la Pride style). I don't want to see fighter's last fight due to sustained injury to the head from a fucken knee.
dummy? let's keep it civil sherbro ;) have any fighters been permanently injured from getting kneed while they're on the ground? i'd like to know. i don't think it could be any more dangerous than the KOs we see normally, where people fall and often hit their head on the mat/canvas

Back