The UFC having backups

Funkoar

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just look at this card, so far.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Johny Hendricks vs. Jake Ellenberger

This is backed up incase someone pulls out of the main event, no doubt.

Will the UFC do this from now on, especially after the whole 151 debacle?
Could ruin the variety of a card though.

I immediately thought of something requiring laxatives. The hell is wrong with me ..

Just look at this card, so far.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Johny Hendricks vs. Jake Ellenberger

This is backed up incase someone pulls out of the main event, no doubt.

Will the UFC do this from now on, especially after the whole 151 debacle?

This is one of the smartest things that the UFC has done in quite some time! If Diaz gets hurt, or pulls a no show for a press conference GSP vs Hendricks. If GSP gets injuried Diaz vs Condit 2, Rorry Mac vs Condit 2 or Rorry Mac vs Diaz all could main event and still sell the PPV !

I imagine the ufc has Hendricks on stand by incase Nick messes things up again.

Even though Dana would never publicly admit it, I'm sure there was a lesson learned from UFC 151.

Yes, but, what if GSP gets injured, then we don't have those crucial championship and title words that can often sell more PPV's.

sucks for the backup guy that trained for 12 weeks only to find out he's not needed.

Yes, but, what if GSP gets injured, then we don't have those crucial championship and title words that can often sell more PPV's.

Any PPV that loses GSP will lose a lot of PPV buys. The show must go on!

Johny Hendricks vs. Jake Ellenberger is just bizarre. Sure, let's put your #1 title contender against a guy who got KTFO'D by the guy he just KTFO'd

But *sighs* yeah, probably fireworks. One can only hope that if Johnny wins that he spews some mad redneck callout shit in the post-fight interview

I hope somehow condit gets shuffled into the title match or main event.
If you are going to give diaz a title shot after a loss might as well give condit one too. RIGHT??

*shrugs* eh, going with a 'theme' of sorts isn't bad either. This is practically a welterweight tourney without it being a tourney.

I'm still looking forward to it, but yeah, a more 'sensible' (from teh h4rdk0re viewpoint) set of matches probably would've been

Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks : come on, he's earned his damn shot already
Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger: Jake was talking about rematching Carlos before he lost to Kampmann. Hell, Condit has some unfinished business with Kampmann, and all three of these guys are now coming off of losses
Nick Diaz vs. Rory Macdonald: yeah, you're "not supposed" to match a winner with a loser, but Nick's last fight was hotly contested, and I'd still love to see these two bizarre personalities match up. They're both 'black hats' in a way, but coming from extremely different angles

*shrugs* eh, going with a 'theme' of sorts isn't bad either. This is practically a welterweight tourney without it being a tourney.

I'm still looking forward to it, but yeah, a more 'sensible' (from teh h4rdk0re viewpoint) set of matches probably would've been

Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks : come on, he's earned his damn shot already
Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger: Jake was talking about rematching Carlos before he lost to Kampmann. Hell, Condit has some unfinished business with Kampmann, and all three of these guys are now coming off of losses
Nick Diaz vs. Rory Macdonald: yeah, you're "not supposed" to match a winner with a loser, but Nick's last fight was hotly contested, and I'd still love to see these two bizarre personalities match up. They're both 'black hats' in a way, but coming from extremely different angles

Actually Ellenberger is coming off a win against Hieron.

I wonder if Georges would fight Hendricks on short-notice.

That would be dangerous.

you know how UFC does it. If GSP misses the card...interim title.

Back