"The UFC has Jose Aldo but I'm the only real Brazilian champion" - Amanda Nunes

Well there you have it. Nuñes Vs. Aldo with both belts on the line. Smack dab in the middle of Rio.

Good to see there's finally someone on sherdog besides myself that understands how interim titles work.

In the event that the champion can't fight or refuses to fight in the division, then the interim titleholder is elevated to undisputed champion. Not Aldo's fault McGregor refused to rematch him, even after he won the interim title.

Daaaaamn, a Brazilian throwing another Brazilian under the bus. I did not expect that.
True, they usually dont throw people under buses but instead feed carrots to buses.

hi-res-87fbf2b3a25a1499e8fe696c596872df_crop_north.jpg

Daaaaamn, a Brazilian throwing another Brazilian under the bus. I did not expect that.
neither did i. I wonder what thats about. Back in the pride days brazilians would try to avoid ever even fighting each other,to the annoyance of all

Uhhhhhhh Aldo is the real FW champion. It's not Aldo's fault McGregor didn't want to defend his FW title. The MMA world doesn't stand still for no one.

He got knocked out in 13 seconds.
The entire division is irrelevant as long as Aldo holds a belt.

Well, Brazil had champs before her, and will certanly have other champions after she loses title tommorow

neither did i. I wonder what thats about. Back in the pride days brazilians would try to avoid ever even fighting each other,to the annoyance of all
Bullshit. BTT vs Chute Boxe fued was the rage.

Ricardo Arona and Wanderlei Silva had nothing but bile and vinegar for each other.

Yeah, I mean it seems like that's a violation of the Brazilian Code of Honor or something. It seems like Brazilians always see things in terms of Brazil vs the world.

Maybe some of them are starting to ease up on that shit. I remember a while back--this was a few years ago now--there was some shit about Demian Maia helping an American fighter prepare to fight a Brazilian fighter (I can't remember who it was) and that was like a minor scandal, and Maia was basically just like, "Things are different now."

Back