The UFC fighters that have the biggest heart in the fight

I think Carla Esparza showed some pretty impressive heart last night, and I’m not really even a fan.

There are only a few fighters in the UFC currently that when they fight their opponent knows they won't break their will, their opponent knows they won't be broken mentally in the cage.

Fighters such as Frankie Edgar, Diego Sanchez, Jon Jones, Robert Whittaker and Big Nog will continue in a fight no matter what injury they have. You have to be able to KO them, put them to sleep in a sub or dominate them completely to win as they won't tap to a sub. It's another level when fighting knowing that you have someone across from you that will never give up so you have to be extra ruthless.

Diego and Frankie will go bell to bell never giving up throughout.
Vitor Belfort said he felt Jon Jones' arm pop in the submission which is why he released. Jon just pushed through the pain, plus a broken arm in the OSP fight.
Robert Whittaker continued with a broken hand in the romero fight.
Big Nog refused to tap to Mir until the break.
I also remember Renzo refusing to tap to Saku

Who are other fighters in your mind that stand out in this way?
Hoyler too... [obviously not a UFC fighter though...]

In Pride, all the crazy Japz: Matsui,Shoji,Otsuka.. who would never tap...

Last edited:
sakuraba fought anybpdy/. dude probably coulda made 155 his entire career. dude fought cro cop and wand in their heyday. that arona fight was a lil much tho.
+ he got one of those cauliflowers kicked into the crowd

Definitely. Saku is right up there with Big Nog on the Mount Olympus of heart.

I think Carla Esparza showed some pretty impressive heart last night, and I’m not really even a fan.

Agree, I remember that JJ fight where she was being brutalised but kept going. Definitely has the heart

I know you said UFC but I also don't care:

Yuki Nakai
Minowa
Saku
Hendo

Everyone else is a distant runner up.

Bisping-cut.jpg

There are only a few fighters in the UFC currently that when they fight their opponent knows they won't break their will, their opponent knows they won't be broken mentally in the cage.

Fighters such as Frankie Edgar, Diego Sanchez, Jon Jones, Robert Whittaker and Big Nog will continue in a fight no matter what injury they have. You have to be able to KO them, put them to sleep in a sub or dominate them completely to win as they won't tap to a sub. It's another level when fighting knowing that you have someone across from you that will never give up so you have to be extra ruthless.

Diego and Frankie will go bell to bell never giving up throughout.
Vitor Belfort said he felt Jon Jones' arm pop in the submission which is why he released. Jon just pushed through the pain, plus a broken arm in the OSP fight.
Robert Whittaker continued with a broken hand in the romero fight.
Big Nog refused to tap to Mir until the break.
I also remember Renzo refusing to tap to Saku

Who are other fighters in your mind that stand out in this way?

wanderlei! 50 pro mma fights, not one submission loss.

Fabio Maldonado literally got his ass beat in the first round of every UFC fight but would come back and dominate the 3rd round usually in a war of attrition. The guy was all heart, in his loss to Glover too.
Roy Nelson literally went through the biggest punchers in the UFC and was only finished once. He ate a prime JDS overhand right and hellacious uppercuts, Head kicks and vicious knees from a prime Werdum,Overeem flying knees. The guy even has wins in fights where he was getting outstruck and battered like agaisnt Meathead and Schaub.
Tony Ferguson has been hurt in plenty of his fights but keeps on going like nothing happened

Holly may not get mentioned but deserves some hespect.

noticia_7_0.jpg

THIS!

She fought with a broken thumb from the 1st round and she never mentioned publicly, she even hidden her cast on social media; her team mentioned she broke her thumb and kept fighting; I think it was during Val’s fight.

THIS!

She fought with a broken thumb from the 1st round and she never mentioned publicly, she even hidden her cast on social media; her team mentioned she broke her thumb and kept fighting; I think it was during Val’s fight.

She's definitely a warrior. Humble as well.

Back