The UFC fighters that have the biggest heart in the fight

JayJayMMA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
There are only a few fighters in the UFC currently that when they fight their opponent knows they won't break their will, their opponent knows they won't be broken mentally in the cage.

Fighters such as Frankie Edgar, Diego Sanchez, Jon Jones, Robert Whittaker and Big Nog will continue in a fight no matter what injury they have. You have to be able to KO them, put them to sleep in a sub or dominate them completely to win as they won't tap to a sub. It's another level when fighting knowing that you have someone across from you that will never give up so you have to be extra ruthless.

Diego and Frankie will go bell to bell never giving up throughout.
Vitor Belfort said he felt Jon Jones' arm pop in the submission which is why he released. Jon just pushed through the pain, plus a broken arm in the OSP fight.
Robert Whittaker continued with a broken hand in the romero fight.
Big Nog refused to tap to Mir until the break.
I also remember Renzo refusing to tap to Saku

Who are other fighters in your mind that stand out in this way?

U0MMNJI.gif

Darren Elkins

inb4 he lost his last fight...

Wonderboy.

Go watch him get slaughtered by Matt Brown for three rounds on the ground and refuse to quit.

Watch him almost get ktfo twice against Woodley and still fight on until the bell.

Dude has a warriors heart.

The Gaethje is someone who you have to KO cold to be sure he’s done.

Prime Fedor and Prime Nog had more guts than anyone..

Nog has the GOAT heart.

Holly may not get mentioned but deserves some hespect.

noticia_7_0.jpg

Definitely someone that will push to the end if it's standing, his second UFC run more so than before. He did tap to Souza though that was a deep choke.

Nog has the GOAT heart.

Holly may not get mentioned but deserves some hespect.

noticia_7_0.jpg

She does but has been tentative in some fights, still can't believe how Miesha came back from a sure loss with 90 seconds left.

The guy on my profile pic is a savage

Diego Sanchez , Lawler are 2 I truly beileve they would fight to the death if it was legal lol

Mark Hunt. Watch his fight against Bigfoot 1 or watch the Stipe fight, he knew before the 5th started that he had no chance but still went out there and "took his beating like a man".

shogun will bang until hes taken out.

he took a lot of hard shit.

that first hendo fight. those dudes fucked each other up bell to bell..

sakuraba fought anybpdy/. dude probably coulda made 155 his entire career. dude fought cro cop and wand in their heyday. that arona fight was a lil much tho.
+ he got one of those cauliflowers kicked into the crowd

Mark Hunt. Watch his fight against Bigfoot 1 or watch the Stipe fight, he knew before the 5th started that he had no chance but still went out there and "took his beating like a man".

I'm a massive Hunt fan but there are some fights where his heart just doesn't seem to be in it, when he is switched on he will keep coming at you no matter what you throw.

Man I’m going to go with the Miller brothers, they have battled some opticals and always seem to keep pushing. Lots of heart in them both

Back