The ufc feels like it has some electricity again

MMA has really rich talent pool "skill" wise right now but the problem still is somewhat lack of charismatic stars. And the few that we currently have are not sure if they want to continue in a sport where CTE always lurks around the corner.

I like all of the new talent, and the others to come. It is nice to see more prospects from countries such as: Russia, China, and New Zealand etc.

I look forward to see what prospects can make it this year.

Not seeing that at all. I see a bunch of stalled divisions, watered down cards and less and less interest in the sport in general. Every corner pub and bar used to show the UFC and lately I'm lucky if I can find one that still shows it. No casuals even heard of Isreal and hard cores were not impressed with his fight with Anderson.
This is my feeling as well. I'd have to travel an hour to find a bar that shows UFC now and there's no mma gyms around anymore. I haven't watched a full PPV myself in a couple of years now.

Let’s be honest, it’s been a shitshow since they brought reebok/usada in

Nope it’s just fake electricity.

Don’t get suckered in...
giphy.gif

I am not impressed with UFCs performance, they let Bellator poach a lot of guys and still can't figure shit out like consistent reffing and judging. The myth that MMA would be filled with all these young new breeds has not happened, Pico is an example of that.

UFC is content to make their money, they are committed to the development of the sport, only the development for new markets .

I am not impressed with UFCs performance, they let Bellator poach a lot of guys and still can't figure shit out like consistent reffing and judging. The myth that MMA would be filled with all these young new breeds has not happened, Pico is an example of that.

UFC is content to make their money, they are committed to the development of the sport, only the development for new markets .

How long have you been a fan? You still think the Ufc hires refs and judges?

I’d like to drink an ice cold IPA right now but I’ve got to cut back.

What the heck is that... thing in your AV?
<{1-17}>

Also. LHW and HW divisions are a wasteland. MW is puddle deep as well. How can anyone call the current situation good is beyond me.

LHW
Jones
Gus
Reyes
Smith
Jan
Santos
Shogun
Glover
Cuteleba
Walker
Rakic
Mennefield
Krylov
Latifi
Saki
Manuwa
Volkan
Osp
Rockhold

Mw
Whittaker
Gastelum
Anderson
Adesanya
Yoel
Costa
Hermansson
Branch
Jacare
Weidman
Shoeface
Brunson
Cannonier

Divisions look pretty good to me

I mean, I look at that 235 card and I'm super hyped. But for every card like that, it seems like there are three or four 234s. I live in the Uk and have bt sport so they play those fights on bt sport, its not ppv, but if I did have to pay for these cards I would watch very rarely..

nah

everyones focused on money fights nowadays.

the most entertaining thing in sports is the LW division, and no one is fighting...
everyones ducking everyone and picking fights...

I never bought in to the UFC is dying trend... but UFC is dying

Last edited:
LHW
Jones
Gus
Reyes
Smith
Jan
Santos
Shogun
Glover
Cuteleba
Walker
Rakic
Mennefield
Krylov
Latifi
Saki
Manuwa
Volkan
Osp
Rockhold

Mw
Whittaker
Gastelum
Anderson
Adesanya
Yoel
Costa
Hermansson
Branch
Jacare
Weidman
Shoeface
Brunson
Cannonier

Divisions look pretty good to me

Sorry, but the fact that the ghost of the ghost of Shogun is considered a fighter worthy of mention already proves that the LHW division is an absolute joke.

Back