The ufc feels like it has some electricity again

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
With some of the amazing young talent rising thru the ranks. Israel, Costa and walker are the three that have made the loudest impact so far. But it seems like its been a long time since we had fresh new faces that look like they are going to win a lot of fights in spectacular fashion. There are a few others too in some lower weight classes that are going to make 2019 and beyond really fun IMO.

I don't want to forget volkanovski and cutelaba both look amazing too.

Jezus, man. You have the best avatar ever <DCWhoa>

On topic, I don't agree. UFC is dying.

Feels like blackouts since 2010 to me.

Lol Israel isn't that young, he's 29. Holloway's 27 but I don't see anybody calling him 'young talent' lol. I thought Israel was in his early 20s tbh

Petr Yan should also get some more recognition, he's 11-1 and his only loss is by split decision and was avenged.

With some of the amazing young talent rising thru the ranks. Israel, Costa and walker are the three that have made the loudest impact so far. But it seems like its been a long time since we had fresh new faces that look like they are going to win a lot of fights in spectacular fashion. There are a few others too in some lower weight classes that are going to make 2019 and beyond really fun IMO.

I don't want to forget volkanovski and cutelaba both look amazing too.

Don't forget Zabit, he's the next evolution of this sport and is about to take the mma world by storm

Huh???
Continued watered down cards- even more health issues/ weight cut issues continue/ more withdrawals / 2 of their more always moving talent rich divisions [185] [ 205] - not so much/ fingers crossed whenever Jones[their best fighter] in the news. ..

Their in neutral and there only in neutral cause they still, by a margin, have most talent versus any promotion.

I think the up and coming talent or in Israel's case, the fresh talent to the org, is just that, fresh. the ufc doesn't have a bunch of Eric silvas right now. They have some.legit title contenders that are young enough, even Israel, to become dominant champs someday and create legacies. That all remains to be seen obviously, but at least there is successful fresh talent that are winning fights.

Reyes, Rakic and Walker at LHW
Costa and Adesanya at MW
Makhachev and Gillespie at LW
Zabit and Volkanovski at FW
Moraes at BW
WW is full of blankets but my favorite one is there: Askren.

Damn.. Im still excited to see Ngannou fight.

Yeah.. Im pumped for some guys.

UFC still dying tho.

Yeah combat sports in general right now is amazing. Golden era imo

Reyes, Rakic and Walker at LHW
Costa and Adesanya at MW
Makhachev and Gillespie at LW
Zabit and Volkanovski at FW
Moraes at BW
WW is full of blankets but my favorite one is there: Askren.

Damn.. Im still excited to see Ngannou fight.

Yeah.. Im pumped for some guys.

UFC still dying tho.
Of all the blankets, askren is the worst. This isnt debateable.

Not seeing that at all. I see a bunch of stalled divisions, watered down cards and less and less interest in the sport in general. Every corner pub and bar used to show the UFC and lately I'm lucky if I can find one that still shows it. No casuals even heard of Isreal and hard cores were not impressed with his fight with Anderson.

Of all the blankets, askren is the worst. This isnt debateable.
Askren is a master troll and get everybody triggered.

Marty and Colby are just annoying at this point. Hope Tyron violently finishes both.

Lol Israel isn't that young, he's 29. Holloway's 27 but I don't see anybody calling him 'young talent' lol. I thought Israel was in his early 20s tbh

Petr Yan should also get some more recognition, he's 11-1 and his only loss is by split decision and was avenged.
Yes, for Petr Yan. If he beats Dodson (which I think he will), he will get another step up and could be in title contention by year's end.

Askren is a master troll and get everybody triggered.

Marty and Colby are just annoying at this point. Hope Tyron violently finishes both.
Askren triggers stupid people. Yes marty and colby are annoying but stylistically askren is horrendous. And tyron knocks em all out

I agree. For the first time in a while, I feel excited for a few the new guys. It is not only for their talent, but some of them also have some sort of "personality" in the way they fight, like Israel or Walker.

That is just as important. Like Machidas karate, Andersons Matrix, Jones being Jones or Vitors blitz.

Really ? I kinda disagree. I think we are missing out on tons of bad ass fights but everything feels stuck in the water all the time constantly. It’s always something why an obvious match up isn’t made or the fight gets delayed for 9-12 months or end up cancelling it all together

Back