The Truth

When Vera first debuted, I couldn't stand him. But I respect him a lot after the Shogun fight.

look at the names he has wins over and watch how he has won, he is not overrated. lost to a guy that 95% of the people had at the #2 spot behind him.

JDS got beat by the guy most thought was the best in the world anyhow. Much like GSP-Serra 1, Cain got caught before he could show his skills in the 1st fight. Much like GSP, he came back and won convincingly the 2nd time. JDS is a great fighter, but he knows he needs to work on his wrestling, takedown defense, and conditioning now, and he knows who the best HW in the world is. JDS showed alot of heart in this fight, he just lost to the better fighter!

So the unbeatable champion loses, and now he is no good. Typical over-reactions. JDS is still great. Don't count JDS out in a rematch. JDS still beats every other HW. This same over-reaction happened to Cain right after the first fight.

IMO, he was rocked and beat on badly in the first round. That took his gas. Lauzon has a 155 lb BJJ guy out striking him. JDS has a 240 lb animal. Tell me who has more heart? I am not knocking J-Lau, but lets not forget who each was fighting.

He's the only guy to beat Cain! and Cain just dominated the UFC champ! So he's good.

Honestly, you're just one of the fickle fairweather type dudes. Cain was 'exposed' after the first fight. JDS is now 'exposed' after this one. Someone had to win and someone had to lose. He showed that he could stuff Cain's takedowns and get on top while in bottom position. He showed that Cain could not keep him down, could not sub him, and could not KO him. I guess because he lost to a phenomenal fighter he was 'exposed'.

He wasn't "exposed", he just got worked. It's not like his TDD turned out to be terrible or something.

He wasnt exposed in wrestling, he was exposed in mma... Thats what i was watching right ?

JDS was exposed for his lack of experience and championship experience and lack of in fight IQ and adjustment making in fight.

He was also exposed for his singular skill trait in boxing being nullified.

JDS was out of his element out of his league in that fight and that was the real exposure. He couldnt make adjustments, he couldnt do anything outside of just cover up, run and get beat on and out smarted and dominated for 5 rounds.

Last edited:
this white belts been around sherdog longer than all of the people who have posted in reply , so dont use that my friend lol

when i say exposed its in reguards to mma... Yes it may be the wrestling part of mma. but thats not the point... The champion was dominated in mma... It was a mma fight right ? Wrestling is all part of it ... so he was exposed .

And we all know what they say about lurker white belts too. They either say something very profound or are exposed as being as stupid as a newb white belt. If surviving a five round beating against a Cain that is on his game counts as being exposed then I don't know what to tell you.

And we all know what they say about lurker white belts too. They either say something very profound or are exposed as being as stupid as a newb white belt. If surviving a five round beating against a Cain that is on his game counts as being exposed then I don't know what to tell you.

He was exposed, JDS needs to go back and work on his entire game rather then just his boxing or learn to make better in fight adjustments that suit his strengths.

Cain wasn't on his game as much as it was a domination of a champion who didnt know what to do when his hands were taken away and was forced to wrestle and mix up his game.

Hopefully he works on it,

Last edited:
He's the only guy to beat Cain! and Cain just dominated the UFC champ! So he's good.

Honestly, you're just one of the fickle fairweather type dudes. Cain was 'exposed' after the first fight. JDS is now 'exposed' after this one. Someone had to win and someone had to lose. He showed that he could stuff Cain's takedowns and get on top while in bottom position. He showed that Cain could not keep him down, could not sub him, and could not KO him. I guess because he lost to a phenomenal fighter he was 'exposed'.

Fickle fairweather fan? no. My point was the champion was dominated for 5 rounds. It was hard to explain to fellow watchers that he was the champ and had dominated other fighters. As once i had explained that they wondered how bad the other fighters were, was dissapointed to see the champion get whooped for 25 minutes.

He wasnt exposed because he lost, he was exposed imo because he was completely and utterly dominated , yes cain is a wrestler he is a boxer yada yada. this is mma not either of those sports. so dont tell me it's only because of his wrestling or stuff like that . Thats like saying wow that player would be the best, if only he could catch/kick/run * insert whatever sport you want * He was mauled for 25minutes by a better fighter , and did not look like a champ to me.

Yes he may be able to come back and win, and i hope he does. Never said he was overrated , just said that he was exposed in comparison to his hype, he isnt a top heavyweight of all time yet , nor is he remotely near being close imo

yes this is my only account. Im happy to have people disagree , dont quite understand the insults and i've been here long enough to understand you folks and to enjoy the read and not generally post my opinion as people generally like to insult more than talk intelligently .

anyhows back to my years of being a recluse lol

This.

Vera-Diabate (make it happen Dana)

or like someone else said earlier, Maldonado(if he doesn't drop to 85, which he should)

Regardless. I think Vera showed us all in the Shogun fight that we wrote him off to early. I think the Snake is a winnable fight for him, that should have some fantastic striking displayed. Maldonado would also be good, but could just be three rounds of Vera using him for a heavy bag, 185 is better for him.

Survival and competing are completely different in my eyes, well done he took a beating, not disputing that... Did he get close to putting cain in danger ? no. Did he attack cain with anything at all other than a occasional punch ? no. Did he make cain take a backwards step ? no. Did he do anything at all other than get beat up ??? ... no. Sorry i watched 25minutes of someone fighting with no hope at all of victory, not even attacking other than occasional counter punch. Sue me if it didnt impress me .

Does Kongo get the same credit ??? He went three rounds without being finished.

exposed? how was he exposed? he got beat by a terrific wrestler. are you saying he was exposed because Cain nulified his striking with his wrestling? doesn't seem very threadworthy

I could had sworn I saw Cain knock JDS down with a right cross. Cain didn't just out-grapple JDS, he outstruck him and put a flat out _ss-whopping on him. The JDS nutthuggers claimed Cain would be KOd in the first or second round. That isn't educated predictions, it is what it is....nutthugging.

Since the OP is so stupid, we should discuss Brandon Vera now instead.

I'd love to see him fight someone like Maldonado.

I'd actually like to see that myself. Winner gets the Glover/Page winner. Hell, even getting the loser would work, IMO.

Back