The Truth

Anewt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Jds was exposed, maybe he was over rated i dont care. But for the champion to be so obviously out of his depth for five rounds was rather sad imo.

For those saying he showed great heart , i think it was more of a zombie walk and self defence than heart, to me he showed the same heart as tim , didnt want to give up but barely tried and just wanted to get to the end.

Heart was Joe Lauzon, constantly pushing forwards and still trying to win , not just survive.

I get almost every UFC and usually have mates around who dont watch or enjoy the sport and i attempt to introduce them to it.. But to explain that the champion is the guy with his hands around his waist throwing a punch every minute or so, it was quite difficult for them to understand how he got the belt. As a few people said to me how bad is everyone else if he's the champ. Great work by cain, but that wasnt a fight, that was a complete and utter mauling.

IMO that was a pretty poor card , leben looked horrible , the okami fight was pretty dull , all in all pretty sad.

I get your points TS, but Dos Santos has a lot of heart. He tried to win till the end.

exposed? how was he exposed? he got beat by a terrific wrestler. are you saying he was exposed because Cain nulified his striking with his wrestling? doesn't seem very threadworthy

Clicked expecting a Brandon Vera thread. Agreed on Leben though.

Clicked expecting a Brandon Vera thread. Agreed on Leben though.

Since the OP is so stupid, we should discuss Brandon Vera now instead.

I'd love to see him fight someone like Maldonado.

He wasnt exposed by cains wrestling, he was exposed by his lack of desire to attack or to attempt to win the fight.

I understand cain is a better wrestler and he has to be cautious to defend the take downs , im not stupid... But whats the point in defending take downs and not throwing ? After round two he turned into a zombie and look completely defeated and was trying to land one punch , not even throwing combo's. Granted he had taken a bit of damage at the stage, ie zombie mode. But to say he was trying to win and it was just cains wrestling that exposed him isnt the case to me.. He looked mentally and physically defeated to me, cain walked through pretty much every punch he through.

He wasnt exposed in wrestling, he was exposed in mma... Thats what i was watching right ?

Some good points and opinions and as we all know, Opinions are like A-holes, we all one.

He wasnt exposed by cains wrestling, he was exposed by his lack of desire to attack or to attempt to win the fight.

The lack of desire and zombie look may have been spurred along by getting punched in the face really hard....that does happen you know....

this white belts been around sherdog longer than all of the people who have posted in reply , so dont use that my friend lol

when i say exposed its in reguards to mma... Yes it may be the wrestling part of mma. but thats not the point... The champion was dominated in mma... It was a mma fight right ? Wrestling is all part of it ... so he was exposed .

JDS looked off from the very first second. Regadless of the punch , he seemed to not be able to handle Cain's tenacity.

Cain looked to overly respect the punching power of JDS, I'm assuming because of his last fight where he got knocked out by him, but a first time fighter would have beaten JDS soundly by the first round in my opinion given the same circumstances.

If JDS said he was injured I wouldn't be surprised because he was not looking his usual confident self from the get go. This said he shouldn't get a rematch until at least 2 or 3 dominant wins in a row.

this white belts been around sherdog longer than all of the people who have posted in reply , so dont use that my friend lol

when i say exposed its in reguards to mma... Yes it may be the wrestling part of mma. but thats not the point... The champion was dominated in mma... It was a mma fight right ? Wrestling is all part of it ... so he was exposed .

God i fucking hate the word "exposed".

He lost a fight, shit happens, move on.

JDS looked off from the very first second. Regadless of the punch , he seemed to not be able to handle Cain's tenacity.

Cain looked to overly respect the punching power of JDS, I'm assuming because of his last fight where he got knocked out by him, but a first time fighter would have beaten JDS soundly by the first round in my opinion given the same circumstances.

If JDS said he was injured I wouldn't be surprised because he was not looking his usual confident self from the get go. This said he shouldn't get a rematch until at least 2 or 3 dominant wins in a row.

Ahh a proper response,
That may explain a bit if he was injured , havent heard if he was , but it might be the case.. Completely agree that he just seemed off from the get go , cain kept the pressure on him and he seemed to wilt completely.

thanks for a legimate responce.

Ahh a proper response,
That may explain a bit if he was injured , havent heard if he was , but it might be the case.. Completely agree that he just seemed off from the get go , cain kept the pressure on him and he seemed to wilt completely.

thanks for a legimate responce.

Cain didn't really announce he was injured for a while either. JDS got owned, there is no bones about it.

But if you watched any JDS fight prior to this you would know his confidence wasn't there. I'm not sure if that's just Cain being Cain or what. If it's entirely up to Cain then JDS didn't deserve to be champion and that's not the feeling I got.

To me JDS from the start was basically there to say "I could go 5 rounds even though I'm not 100%" .

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. I, for example, think your opinion sucks TS!

I expected more from a 2006 poster, white belt or not.

Back