The truth about Conor and Justin's title shot statuses

Mr. johncola, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent OP were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mr. johncola, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent OP were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
{<hhh]

Can we start with a title defence? A defence of any of the titles he's won will do
Let's start with what you said. What fights has he turned down?

I haven't ever claimed Conor has title defenses. However, there are reasons for him not having any...

He fought lots of top opponents before making it to Aldo. Dominated Holloway and finished Poirier and Mendes and Aldo. That's not to say a defense wasn't possible, as a fight with Edgar and an Aldo rematch both made sense. The reason he didn't defend the title is that he wanted to be a UFC LW from his debut, and at this point he wanted to replicate the champ-champ feat he achieved in Cage Warriors. With hindsight it's clear that he wasn't ducking Edgar or Aldo as haters claimed, and that he'd be heavily favored against both with what we know now.

Negotiations with the UFC held up a fight after the Alvarez fight. The Mayweather fight was a possibility, which meant life changing money. And UFC didn't want that to happen. After making life changing money, negotiations became even more difficult.

I'm more upset about not having seen Conor fight much since 2016, than I am about a lack of title defenses. But I care more about fights than I do titles, rankings, and records. We're different types of fans. You're more interested in the "narrative", as I put it in the OP, while I'm more interested in the sport.

Make sure you answer the question that you previously ducked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back