The Time Joe Rogan Destroyed Jon Anik

He redeemed some of his poor announcing lately with this burn of anik.

I did some local commentary for super smash ultimate tournaments.. you would be surprised how hard it is in the moment to speak intelligently about something you know.

Anik is bad

But Rogan is mean

giphy.gif

And, by the end of the fight, the crowd were chanting "SEAN O'MALLEY"

It doesn't matter.
But before the actually fight, it was all about "rising superstar" not "defending champion"
I feel like they have a list of tag words when they want to hook in people that only tune in to combat sports for the Jake Paul's and the McGregor.

Haven't watched live commentary in years. There's tons of fight commentaries out there with people who actually care about the sport.

Rogan has his faults but he doesn't need this job which gives him leverage to call out BS.

Gotta try to hype the challenge up any way they can because it's all about hyperbole and history. MMA is so fixated on the "mosts" or "firsts".

This exchange made me laugh out loud, he really had no idea they not only already fought but that Chito stopped him? <45>

Anik is overall pretty sharp and professional.

Let's not kid ourselves Rogan has a shitload of dumb moments commentating on and off the sport.

Didn't he at some point say "O'Malley locking eyes with President trump there"

Wtf had that got to do with anything?

He's too obscure sometimes "one more sleep" the whole thing about the two guys without visiting rights for their kids or whatever that was.

At this Pont though I can't stand Rogan either. He's probably still worse

Well, Anik hates MMA fans and is going to move on to women's soccer where all the positivity is by 2026, so....

To be fair, I can hardly sit through those lame ass UFC pep rally videos with the drunk 19 year olds shitting on Arman, and all the other ones out there. I couldn't imagine if it was my job to attend every single one of these events where you're one of the faces of the business so you have to be cordial while dealing with these insanely manic people.

I did some local commentary for super smash ultimate tournaments.. you would be surprised how hard it is in the moment to speak intelligently about something you know.
People who have never done public speaking really overestimate the human mind's ability to recall in certain moments lol that's why the best commentators in the game truly deserve a lot of respect. You have to have a sharp mind to have full recall and the ability to have wit nearly 100% of the time you're public speaking.

That constitutes being "destroyed"?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back