The technology to erase memories would be incredible

Like in Men in Black?

tenor.gif

Probably as close to impossible as crazy technologies get, but man, just imagine the possibilities.

1. Being able to lose your virginity again. Imagine being in a committed relationship and scrubbing all memory of ever having sex every single day. So each time you bang, its like banging for the first time EVER and insanely special/erotic. WOW!

2. Rewatching movies, and seeing them for the first time. Imagine a weekend of watching T1, T2, Alien, Aliens, Seven, Matrix, etc or starting a show like BB all for the FIRST TIME!!!!

Not to mention eating amazing foods, watching the greatest fights of all time, trying DRUGS, etc.

You'd no longer be bored to death refreshing youtube for hours desperately looking for someone to hold your attention for even 5 minutes. Hell, you would never be bored ever AGAIN. You could just make a master list of shows and movies and youtube channels you absolutely love, pick one to erase all memory of, and re-experience it for the very first time. BOREDOM would be B O R E DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fiancee and I have actually talked about this a lot.

How awesome would it be for us to relive our first time meeting multiple times over :)

^ this terrified me as a 5 year old watching it in the theater. I still think it is pretty terrifying

I see that angle of the story but I also see this angle......You will never build XP thus your sexing will never improve or worse yet, perhaps you won't find out what you really "like" because you forget eachtime you fuck....inb4 you kept a diary of what you liked in sex or not.

The only thing this tech would be very useful in, is "Drugs"....if you could forget "drugs/Alcohol" then you would never be addicted and eachtime you got high, it will be the "first time" thus it will hit you strong as fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

three dimensional people are made of shadow and light

I think we forgot like the best shit this would be use for......Trauma/Depression

Imagine if you could forget horrific events..........that would help humanity so much.

Im so high/drunk that the first thing I think about tech is how it will be useful to drugs/sex.
and like another poster mentioned, addiction. a massive part of addiction is the habit/ritualistic nature of it. if you could just erase the memory of ever taking the drug in the first place, you would just have to treat the physical withdraws and the healing process would be infinitely easier.

this kind of capability would completely change the fabric of our reality. I like to ponder it and different ways it could be used, but I'm not sure I would actually do it. Even tho I have some horribly traumatic memories, I can't say I would erase them. it gets real weird because I wouldn't be "me" at all if those memories were suddenly erased. it would be killing myself, in order to create a complete unknown, new version of myself that is a stranger to the current me.

maybe that new version would be happier, more productive and better equipped for society and healthy relationships. but...it wouldn't be me.

I keep forgetting.

this era of mankind doesn't have a delete button.

damn, being around those of lower intellect really does dumb you down.

and like another poster mentioned, addiction. a massive part of addiction is the habit/ritualistic nature of it. if you could just erase the memory of ever taking the drug in the first place, you would just have to treat the physical withdraws and the healing process would be infinitely easier.

this kind of capability would completely change the fabric of our reality. I like to ponder it and different ways it could be used, but I'm not sure I would actually do it. Even tho I have some horribly traumatic memories, I can't say I would erase them. it gets real weird because I wouldn't be "me" at all if those memories were suddenly erased. it would be killing myself, in order to create a complete unknown, new version of myself that is a stranger to the current me.

maybe that new version would be happier, more productive and better equipped for society and healthy relationships. but...it wouldn't be me.
Also what if erasing traumatic memories created "bugs" since what you became came partially because of those traumatic events, thus it would probably fuck with your brain function....although Im sure, future smart people will figure that out.

This place will miss my posts and my friends over in the warroom like @Curmudgeon would be crying his old decrepit eyes out every day not reading my posts.
Yes, I would miss your posts on how you're sponging off your elderly father and sleeping on his couch for years while pondering the possibilities of gay for pay and watching youtube vids to become an electrician. Did you get another temp job yet since you got axed at amazon? Or just going to coast on pops couch like always while making excuses and begging for money from sherdogers?

Last edited:
Have you tried mixing Scotch and ambiem together?

Last edited:
Probably as close to impossible as crazy technologies get, but man, just imagine the possibilities.

1. Being able to lose your virginity again. Imagine being in a committed relationship and scrubbing all memory of ever having sex every single day. So each time you bang, its like banging for the first time EVER and insanely special/erotic. WOW!

2. Rewatching movies, and seeing them for the first time. Imagine a weekend of watching T1, T2, Alien, Aliens, Seven, Matrix, etc or starting a show like BB all for the FIRST TIME!!!!

Not to mention eating amazing foods, watching the greatest fights of all time, trying DRUGS, etc.

You'd no longer be bored to death refreshing youtube for hours desperately looking for someone to hold your attention for even 5 minutes. Hell, you would never be bored ever AGAIN. You could just make a master list of shows and movies and youtube channels you absolutely love, pick one to erase all memory of, and re-experience it for the very first time. BOREDOM would be B O R E DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't ever happen because memory isn't built into your brain only but your body as well. Nothing will ever feel as good as it once did.

This is why I'm saving giving away my butt gift until I'm really down and out.

Uh I might choose to erase certain memories, but probably not if given the option. Id never erase it all, would be a pain to learn language again with a pulpy old brain.

Thought this would be to help traumatized people, should've known better.

Erasing memories of sex wouldn't only mean being terrible at it again, but also losing of your best memories.

Watching movies or playing games again for the first time would be cool though.

I think that is what electro shock therapy was to do, back in the olden days of mental therapy. It caused one to forget, at least for awhile. Looked painful.

Back