Media The Tank Abbot Podcast -- he tried to fight Ronda Rousey?

don't ask

Special Secretary of Shitposting
@red
Reaction score
There's a Tank Abbot Podcast (3 episodes) on youtube.

First ep seems to be Tank discussing his fights and talking with the guy who apparently invented the UFC PPV tournament format:

Second ep he discusses inventing the fingerless gloves (?) and challenging Ronda to fight.

Third ep seems to cover fallout from trying to fight Ronda and (I think) how PEDs change human skulls.

I never heard any of this Ronda Rousey stuff before, but a quick google tells me he tried to bet $100 000 that he would beat her in a fight. I can't imagine Tank had any real fallout considering he wasn't in the public eye any more.

There's a Tank Abbot Podcast (3 episodes) on youtube.

First ep seems to be Tank discussing his fights and talking with the guy who apparently invented the UFC PPV tournament format:

Second ep he discusses inventing the fingerless gloves (?) and challenging Ronda to fight.

Third ep seems to cover fallout from trying to fight Ronda and (I think) how PEDs change human skulls.

I never heard any of this Ronda Rousey stuff before, but a quick google tells me he tried to bet $100 000 that he would beat her in a fight. I can't imagine Tank had any real fallout considering he wasn't in the public eye any more.

Ronda by armbar. I never heard Joe Rogan calling Tank Abbott "a once in a humankind athlete"

Ronda by armbar. I never heard Joe Rogan calling Tank Abbott "a once in a humankind athlete"
On the VHS' he was billed as this barroom brawling Stonecold Steve Austin type with "no respect for the Martial Arts, or its' practitioners". 😁😁🤣 Tank was one of the few that actually knew what fighting really was about . He had had like 300 encounters involving his fists. He was a real fighter . He was also an esteemed university student. He was a savage scholar

Last edited:
Tank better count his lucky stars... That's once ever hand speed

pzn.gif

Just listened to him on Jaxxson podcast. Dude's def full of himself and a narcissist but he never backed down from a fight, win or lose and was a beast in his prime. He claims that 600 bench is real. Who knows? He claims to upright row like 335lbs which is monstrous. He was a decent high school wrestler, who was mean, had size, could box a bit, and was strong as shit. Lethal combo. One thing he said stood out to me. He basically said (im paraphrasing-dont remember word for word) that fighting is alot of mentality. Your will and determination and toughness. He said that it werent true than the worlds richest men would pay the best trainers and acquire all the skills in all the disciplines, and be toughest men on planet. But we know thats not true(Zuck anyone). Said Royce Gracie was a tough SOB not cause of bjj but cause he was just a tough guy. I really feel that is pretty profound. A martial art cant unmake you a pussy. Even an art like wrestling. Youre either a fighter or like tank said, youre a tough athlete. He said not all wrestlers are fighters.

Just listened to him on Jaxxson podcast. Dude's def full of himself and a narcissist but he never backed down from a fight, win or lose and was a beast in his prime. He claims that 600 bench is real. Who knows? He claims to upright row like 335lbs which is monstrous. He was a decent high school wrestler, who was mean, had size, could box a bit, and was strong as shit. Lethal combo. One thing he said stood out to me. He basically said (im paraphrasing-dont remember word for word) that fighting is alot of mentality. Your will and determination and toughness. He said that it werent true than the worlds richest men would pay the best trainers and acquire all the skills in all the disciplines, and be toughest men on planet. But we know thats not true(Zuck anyone). Said Royce Gracie was a tough SOB not cause of bjj but cause he was just a tough guy. I really feel that is pretty profound. A martial art cant unmake you a pussy. Even an art like wrestling. Youre either a fighter or like tank said, youre a tough athlete. He said not all wrestlers are fighters.

That bench looks legit. Nice curve on the bar that I’m not sure how you can fake if using fake plates. Plus it’s not like he was throwing up reps, he even used a good bit of bounce. He had the build (and neck) of a power lifter so I really don’t doubt that was a legit lift

Back