• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Supreme Court overturns ruling which allows people to own bump stocks

You are shitting on that guy for choosing to carry while saying you are thinking of arming yourself over an election. Having a low crime rate in your area doesn't mean that there's a zero percent chance you'd ever need a gun, but even then a random crime is going to be more likely than your home being invaded by Trump supporters.
I'm not shitting on him for his right to own a firearm, I wouldn't even entertain it if I was that fucked in the head about eventually owning a firearm. I don't know why y'all have such a bee in your bonnet and knickers in a twist when I've said all along I will eventually buy one. What's wrong with you?

Can someone explain to me why a civilian would want to own a bump stock? I ask this question out of sincerity as someone who has virtually no understanding of gun ownership, legislation and its potential applications for use.

+10 Respect points to you, sir.

And I'm actually in favor of a bump-stock ban, by congress, not by a 3-letter-department headed by breauocrats that weren't elected who think they can write national laws.

Bump stocks are effectively useless anyway but to re-create automatic fire... which is increasingly inaccurate on two points. Automatic fire is already inaccurate, but its even more inaccurate because of an instable stock against the shoulder.

With inaccurate firing, the chances of collateral damage / casualties skyrockets.
<RomeroSalute>

Yeah same, I’m in favor of banning them. That post of mine you quoted was just an example of me speaking too quickly at first, because I’m generally critical of their 2A decisions. But after reviewing the statute, it seems clear that bump stocks don’t fit the machine gun ban. I’m actually surprised it was 6-3 even, the lib justices got this one wrong.

I do feel a bit bad because some of the families of Vegas shooting victims were really hurt by this decision—but it’s Congress they need to take it up with.

I'm not shitting on him for his right to own a firearm, I wouldn't even entertain it if I was that fucked in the head about eventually owning a firearm. I don't know why y'all have such a bee in your bonnet and knickers in a twist when I've said all along I will eventually buy one. What's wrong with you?
Oh wind your neck in. You said he was abnormal and had a terrible life. Sounds like shitting on him to me. I don't care if you buy a gun, I just said your reasoning for doing so is kinda silly.

I'm not taking anything back. I didn't say I don't enjoy guns or feel very strongly about the second ammendment. Am I not allowed to have a nuanced fleshed out opinion about guns the second ammendment American culture and traditions ?I was just explaining to you that its not really about fear and that myself and probably a lot of others like me are not living this panicked existence

I did have a hard life and I did come up kinda rough and trashy but it doesn't mean that I just view guns as a necessary evil. I just don't think there's anything wrong with traditions and culture either. I don't view guns as evil and I enjoy a lot of firearm related activities.
And as I said, you and I live incredibly different lives where it's just normal to you to pick up a gun before leaving the house...a rough life as you say. I'll live my life, you live your scared witless life and I'm sure we'll be happy.

Oh wind your neck in. You said he was abnormal and had a terrible life. Sounds like shitting on him to me. I don't care if you buy a gun, I just said your reasoning for doing so is kinda silly.
He's said he's had a terrible life, have you not been keeping up?

And as I said, you and I live incredibly different lives where it's just normal to you to pick up a gun before leaving the house...a rough life as you say. I'll live my life, you live your scared witless life and I'm sure we'll be happy.

Like you aren't listening and are just waiting your turn to be snide , really.

Something should be noted in this discussion.

There's been exactly ONE mass shooting that bump stocks have been used. ONE.

And many elected Republicans have displayed willingness to compromise on 'gun rights' like with red flag laws. So its not like to get a federal ban there'd have to be Democrat super majorities in the House and Senate with the Presidency.

Its a simple matter of priority, and Democrats have never had a high priority on bump stocks. Its as simple as that.

I'm aware she's being rude. I try to keep it civil with people when talking about firearms and for some odd reason just think all the disagreement not just with her but in general is one big misunderstanding. Lol

He said he lived in a rough area and had a hard life, that doesn't mean he's had a terrible life. You also keep saying he only carries out of fear. Being prepared doesn't equal being afraid.
He has gone into finite detail about why he has to arm himself before leaving his home. Did you not read that?

First of all go fuck yourself. <3>

If you think that video settles the dispute on bump stocks you are mistaken. They're designed to lay down heavy fire not accurate fire, so even if you want to use one of the fastest shooters in history, a 3 target 6 round test misses the point entirely. Let's compare Jerry and the average person at a range and see how fast they shoot through 200 or 300 rounds.
{<jimmies}

Can someone explain to me why a civilian would want to own a bump stock? I ask this question out of sincerity as someone who has virtually no understanding of gun ownership, legislation and its potential applications for use.
That's not what the decision was about.

That post of mine you quoted was just an example of me speaking too quickly at first, because I’m generally critical of their 2A decisions.

Think we've all done that a time or two in the Warroom. Its all good.

But after reviewing the statute, it seems clear that bump stocks don’t fit the machine gun ban. I’m actually surprised it was 6-3 even, the lib justices got this one wrong.
The lib judges usually vote for what libs want, irrespective to the law.

And one thing should be noted is bump stocks do practically make guns fire automatically.

But the key word is practically.
It looks and sounds like automatic fire because its much quicker than almost everybody can fire with one pull of the trigger, but it is without question significantly slower than automatic fire.

Ar-15 with bump stock.
That's 6 to 7 rounds per second.

M16s, the military's version that are automatic, fire 12+ rounds a second.

So bump stocks practically make rifles automatic, but not effectively automatic.

I'm aware she's being rude. I try to keep it civil with people when talking about firearms and for some odd reason just think all the disagreement not just with her but in general is one big misunderstanding. Lol

Why even talk to the others about guns? I genuinely see no point whatsoever in speaking with the others on this topic and will not engage. I'm gonna enjoy my 2A rights and stay living in a constitutional carry state while supporting legislation and organizations that maximize liberty. Alright.

😎

Back