The stupid myth of Jones having weak double/single

Some people grasp at straw due to Jones being...let me create a new word...lankward (lanky + awkward). His movement may look weird, but that doesnt make him any less profecient. It would be stupid to try to move as if he had usual proportions, he embraced hos physique and potential.

He is actually not that awkward anymore, having shored up his striking pretty well.

He's tall and thin, so people automatically assume that his lower body takedowns suck, because he isn't some stocky freestyle wrestler.

Some people grasp at straw due to Jones being...let me create a new word...lankward (lanky + awkward). His movement may look weird, but that doesnt make him any less profecient. It would be stupid to try to move as if he had usual proportions, he embraced hos physique and potential.

yea its pretty hard to find holes in his game, but given how annoyed people are with him, they are prone to reach and say stupid sht

He doesn't really go for them now because he used to fight out of an extremely front-foot heavy stance, to somewhat disguise his level change, but now stands in a more upright stance that is less vulnerable to kicks-- and because he's so tall, his level change would be ridiculously telegraphed if he tried to do the same out of that stance, which more or less accounts for his recent preference for clinch takedowns (ignoring the fact that his background is in Greco, which is wrestling without the use of the legs).

good one

once i stated that bc of Jones' height he was much better at clinch takedowns and it was harder for him to shoot doubles on much shorter opponents, but i never said he had bad wrestlin , I haven't seen anyone say that

once i stated that bc of Jones' height he was much better at clinch takedowns and it was harder for him to shoot doubles on much shorter opponents, but i never said he had bad wrestlin , I haven't seen anyone say that

Doubt anyone has. It's probably just TS not being able to comprehend nuanced opinions and then deeming the product of his own subpar filter "stupid".

I dont think anyone has said that to be honest. Also Jones height hurts him in that arena since he has to work harder for singles and double against shorter opponents.

Didn't hear this myth before. Ive not heard anyone shit on any aspect of Jones wrestling game, really

Never heard it before. I mean I could see why as

He is taller than most if not all his opponents
Most of his TDs are clinch related
Some of the ways he ends up on top are mostly from scrambles.

I highly doubt his single/double is weak.

The stupid myth that there is a stupid myth about Jones' wrestling.

Jones is the best wrestler in MMA not GSP. That's coming from someone who's favorite fighter is GSP.

Can somebody please post a GIF of this? I need to see

j2d8ji.gif

There you go. The ultimate proof of Jon's non-reliance on the clinch and awesome distance covering power-doubles according to TS. It covers "half the cage"...

(Actually it was even less of proper double than I remembered it. You can clearly see Jon ducking under and catching Bader on the wrong foot as he's stepping in while in my mind he pursued the double as Bader was going backwards)

j2d8ji.gif

There you go. The ultimate proof of Jon's non-reliance on the clinch and awesome distance covering power-doubles according to TS. It covers "half the cage"...

(Actually it was even less of proper double than I remembered it. You can clearly see Jon ducking under and catching Bader on the wrong foot as he's stepping in while in my mind he pursued the double as Bader was going backwards)

Thanks. Wierd I haven't thought of that one before. A nice takedown non the less

Thanks. Wierd I haven't thought of that one before. A nice takedown non the less

You're welcome.

Yes, nice but not quite the world class double that was proposed in the OP. This is probably the best example of Jon covering distance with it as well.

Yeah, he spent a bunch of time getting punched in the face in all of those fights.

:rolleyes:

You're a fucking clown. I can't wait to see want kind of spin you'll have if you even bother posting here after Gustafsson gets owned on Saturday night.

SVc5ws.gif

WTFKrusty.jpg

No one says that. You must be butthurt since those rea h stats came out.

I never heard people talk yeah on his freestyle wrestling. It's the usual reach and cocky stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back