Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

The real question is will Worf return to this show at any point, and if so what will he look like? Awesome TNG style Klingon or garbage STD style Klingon?
Here's Kurtzman quote from an article for you

No, he’s got to look the same. We’re not changing that. It’s funny, because you’ll see by the time you get to [Picard‘s] third episode, there are different kinds of Romulans that look different, depending on their territories. You’ll see some Romulans that are just about the ears, you’ll see some with the ears and deeper ridges in their foreheads… so I have to believe that there are different iterations of Klingons, depending on where they are from.

So we will see slightly different Romulans which we have since tng, but they never really explained. You have the ones that look pretty much like Vulcans, the ones with the weird ridges above the eyebrows, and you have the Bald biker looking ones like from trek 2009. Sounds like that's what they will do with most species going on, which makes sense.

As did I. One of the few Star Trek films I really liked much at all. Hardy did an outstanding job.
I enjoyed but it has its faults. It was given to a first time director, who was owed a favor by Paramount. He famously didn't get along with the cast, and knew nothing about star trek. The editing was horrible, and there were tons of things cut from the film that would've added to it. The original script included people from DS9 and VOY, and was suppose to the be the lead into a epic film featuring all the crews. TNG deserved a better send off

I enjoyed but it has its faults. It was given to a first time director, who was owed a favor by Paramount. He famously didn't get along with the cast, and knew nothing about star trek. The editing was horrible, and there were tons of things cut from the film that would've added to it. The original script included people from DS9 and VOY, and was suppose to the be the lead into a epic film featuring all the crews. TNG deserved a better send off
I don't understand how you can have an appreciation for the direction of Discovery but criticize the direction of Nemesis so harshly. I would pick Nemesis among the two hands down.

Damn, I woulda liked to have seen the crews together. DS9 is my favorite series and I was irked that none of the TNG movies involved the Dominion War.

I don't understand how you can have an appreciation for the direction of Discovery but criticize the direction of Nemesis so harshly. I would pick Nemesis among the two hands down.
I don't hate Nemesis, but they dumb choices, due to the executives at Paramount and the director. If you search around you can find synopsis of what Nemesis was supposed to be, and the movie they ended up with wasn't great. I loved the space battles and battling it out with the help of the 2 warbirds. Data's sacrifice was well done and powerful. The bad, The dune buggy battle, Trois space Rape, lack of any meaningful plot outside Picard, Data, and the clone.

Discovery isn't perfect, but alot of people bash it, who haven't even watched it. They base it off the first free episode that was available on CBS in season 1 or on random youtube clips and reviews. Burnham isn't a good lead character because they made her pretty unlikable in season 1. They messed with canon far too much in season 1, and they change to the Klingons were way too extreme and unnecessary. The shows overall pacing is frantic, and they have too much happening.
The stories in DSC have been interesting, the production values are top-notch, and they listen to the fans as seen in season 2, where they have made massive improvements.

VOY premiered this day 25 years ago. Although VOY is probably my least favorite trek series, I think caretaker was one of the better series premieres.

New clip from Picard, cruising his vineyard with his new #1, speaking French

We are only 1 week away from the premiere of Picard!

Use this code FREESTREAM when you subscribe or restart your CBS all access account, and it will give you a free month.

Had a few friends who saw the first 3 episodes of Picard last night, at the premiere. I said not to tell me spoilers but they all said it was really good. Each episode had the quality production wise of a big budget film, the story felt new and fresh, but still retained the Star Trek feel. They also said the cameos and fan service was well done, and not just shoved in for no reason.
I really hope so man. Tell me though, did your friends like Discovery?

I really hope so man. Tell me though, did your friends like Discovery?
They had mixed reviews of Discovery, but all of them do watch and enjoy it now. One of them loves anything star trek and never says anything bad about it, one hated the first season(Klingons, Burnham, frantic pace) but liked Lorca and really thought they improved with season 2. 3rd is kinda a kix of the 2, but was really unhappy initially with them changing the Klingons, and how different the tech was, and how it didn't fit in with TOS, but was won over with the production values, and the improving story.

A meteorologist did this fun trek weather report yesterday for VOY 25th anniversary

Back